If you’re looking for an easy, quick dinner that’s packed full of veggies, you’ve found it with this Chicken Egg Rolls Bowl. This easy dinner recipe is ready in only 25 minutes! You and you’re family are going to love it!
Be sure to check out Paula’s Picks at my Amazon store.
I’m trying to incorporate more veggies into my diet and I’m not too happy about it. But, this meal makes it a little better to deal with.
I admit I’m a carb girl through and through. Luckily I love running and I burn them off. But, realistically, I looked at my diet and it’s extremely carb-heavy. I need more veggies and protein. Chicken Egg Rolls Bowl gives me the full feeling that carbs do.
This vegetable bowl is tasty and easy to make. Chopping the cabbage takes a little time, but I refuse to buy pre-shredded cabbage. Does it ever look fresh? So I’ll take the time required to slice it really thin.
You may also like these recipes pictured below. Simply click on the photo for the recipe. As well, this Crunchy Asian Ramen Slaw is one of my favorite side salads.
Chicken Egg Rolls Bowl
- You can use lean ground beef, chicken, or turkey in this recipe. Or, sliced pork loin or skinless, boneless chicken can be used. I used chicken.
- Liquid aminos are healthier than soy sauce, but if you don’t want to purchase liquid aminos for the small amount used in this recipe, by all means, use soy sauce or low sodium soy sauce.
- The best substitute for rice vinegar is cider vinegar. Although it will not tastes exactly the same.
Chicken Egg Rolls Bowl
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 to 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 onion or about 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic You can sub this
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh, minced (fresh ginger looks like this)
- 1/2 head green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 3 Tablespoons low sodium liquid aminos I use this brand. *see post above for substitutions
- 2 teaspoons *rice wine vinegar I use this brand
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds I use this
- In a 10 or 12 inch non-stick skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked through. Cook time will depend on how thick the chicken is cut. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add sliced onions to the pan with a pinch of salt and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. (This is a very good starter chef's knife that is reasonably priced and will last a long time. Makes a great gift too!)
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan and cook another minute; stirring constantly.
- Add the cabbage and carrots to the pan. Cook until wilted about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add liquid aminos and vinegar. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook 5 to 7 more minutes.
- Serve immediately alone or over rice or cauliflower rice. Garnish each serving with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
This post includes referral links, if you click through and purchase something, I may receive a commission, at no additional cost to you