Melt-in-your-mouth good, Cookie Butter Pound Cake is luscious and rich. The cookie butter gives it almost a brown sugar or caramel flavor. It’s moist and soft inside with that crust that is so desirable on pound cakes.
Cookie butter is a spread like peanut butter that’s made from a cookie. The cookie is ‘kind of’ like a graham cracker. Here are examples of cookie butter > Lotus and Speculoos or you can find it with the peanut butter in stores.
Cookie Butter Pound Cake bakes up tender, soft and moist with tons of flavor. I highly recommend this cake. And I know pound cakes. Check out my review of pound cakes.
As I ran across a photo of my Peanut Butter Pound Cake it hit me instantaneously ‘why haven’t I made a Cookie Butter Pound Cake?’ I mean, if something is so good that you can eat it straight from the jar, it’s got to get better in cake form. Am I right?
Cookie Butter Pound Cake
A pound cake is a classic Southern dessert. Traditionally, they are butter or vanilla-flavored and made with a pound of butter, a pound of flour, a pound of sugar and a pound of eggs. I believe it has remained a popular dessert choice for one because the recipe was easy to remember before cookbooks were printed. Secondly, it’s buttery and sweet and can be enjoyed plain or dressed up with ice cream, whipped cream, fruit, chocolate, caramel, and the list goes on!
This Cookie Butter Pound Cake is everything you want in a dessert. No, it’s not a traditional pound cake. It’s not even close. However, it is velvety, luscious, and FULL of amazing cookie butter flavor. Adding cookie butter elevates this pound cake to the next level. It’s super moist inside with the same crispy outside of a traditional pound cake. And, that frosting!! Superb!
What about the frosting?
For the icing I mixed cookie butter with a traditional cream cheese frosting recipe and, oh boy, it is nothing short of miraculous! You’ll want the icing to be thin and ‘pourable’ versus thick and ‘spreadable’. Does that make sense?
This recipe is sure to become a beloved favorite. After all who can resist a cake so moist and buttery that it melts in your mouth?
While you’re here, check out more pound cakes
Cookie Butter Pound Cake
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cookie butter
- 1 and ⅔ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk adjust to get a 'pourable' glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 10-inch tube pan with non-stick spray or grease and flour.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Cream in cookie butter until smooth and well incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time beating until it disappears in the batter before adding the next one.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating after each addition until combined.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Pour into 10-inch tube pan and smooth surface.
- Bake 70-75 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes before removing from tube pan.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.