This Easier-Than-Takeout Three Pack Slow Cooker Roast is sure to become a family favorite. This is a classic slow cooker pot roast, just like mom used to make. It’s perfectly tender in a slow cooker and served with carrots and potatoes for an easy meal.
If you’ve been following me, you know I love to cook. You probably also might assume that I cook every day and that I never get tired of cooking. Well, only part of that statement is correct! I do cook almost every day. But, I do get tired of cooking. I get tired of being rushed and need easy meals just like you.
I don’t know if it’s just my family, but we have been busier than ever the last few weeks. Homework and tests are killing me. (You’d think it’s actually me who has to take the tests, but it takes a drill Sargent to keep my kids on task!) It takes Lincoln an hour and a half to complete his homework and although he can do it without help from me most of the time, I still have to keep him focused. Then there’s swim and scouts and fundraising for every activity they participate in.
I’ve realized I need organization now more than ever. I had strayed from my weekly meal planning but desperately needed to reinstate it.
With that being said, Monday through Thursday, I’m just like you. It’s all I can do to get the best quick meal on the table between homework, tennis and golf lessons and Boy Scouts. For those nights, I need quick family meals that the entire family enjoys. This is one of my “go-to” recipes.
Why I love Easier-Than-Takeout Three Pack Slow Cooker Roast
I don’t have a long list of ingredients to search for in the grocery store. There are only three seasoning packs to get.
- A 2-pound roast with potatoes and carrots will easily yield 8 servings.
- If you want leftovers, get a 3-pound roast. You can always make hoagie sandwiches with it. Serve the roast on hamburger buns with Lemon Dill Mayonnaise and Stuffed Mushrooms.
- If you can’t find beef stew mix, you can use a brown gravy mix.
Easier-Than-Takeout Three Pack Slow Cooker Roast
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 pound chuck roast
- 1 packet dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet beef stew seasoning or brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 pound baby carrots
- Place the roast, potatoes, and carrots in a slow-cooker.
- Sprinkle the top of the meat with the seasoning packets. Add water.
- Cover with the lid and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours.