Peanut Butter Glazed Banana Pound Cake is simple, classic and irresistible! This is a ultra-moist cake, thanks to mashed bananas. It’s a real crowd-pleaser and perfect for any occasion or any season!
I’m back with another installment of testing pound cakes for you!! It’s such. a. hard. job! But, seriously, a job that needs to be done.
I’m the girl to get the job done!
I asked for suggestions on what frosting to pair with a banana cake on Facebook and the responses were amazing. Now, of course, I want to try all their suggestions. First up Peanut Butter Glazed Banana Pound Cake!
This Peanut Butter Glazed Banana Pound Cake is reallllly rich. It has a very fine texture with a nice banana flavor. To be honest, it was great without the peanut butter glaze. If you’re not into really sweet cakes, I suggest leaving the peanut butter glaze off.
This is the same glaze I put on my Peanut Butter Pound cake and it’s one of my favorites. I put it on everything I can so it was a natural fit for this Banana Pound Cake.
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup bananas mashed (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream*
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 2 to 3 tablespoon heavy cream more if needed for a pourable consistency
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray a 10-inch bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Add bananas and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes.
- Test by inserting a wooden pick into center of cake. Cake is done with no crumbs or dry crumbs are on wooden pick when removed.
- Cream peanut butter, vanilla and corn syrup.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon heavy cream at a time to mixer. Add more cream if necessary.
- Pour and spread on cooled cake.
*Greek yogurt can be substituted for the sour creamRecipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Have you tried my other pound cake recipes? (wait about 5 seconds for them to load, then click photo for recipe.)