Spinach Goat Cheese Strata, basically a savory bread pudding, this make-ahead recipe is excellent for brunch or lunch with a salad.
Thanks for reading CallMePMc.com! To stay current on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on
Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Spinach Goat Cheese Strata is a great make-ahead meatless recipe. It’s loaded with good-for-you vegetables and bakes up beautifully.
Prep time for this recipe is a mere 10 minutes, but the longer the bread soaks in that wonderful custard the better it comes out. I recommend mixing it together the night before and allowing it to soak in the refrigerator for 10 to 12 hours before baking.
Brown and cheesy, it’s full of flavor and nutrients. I enjoy the tangy goat cheese, crispy bread, and crunchy red onion slices.
Spinach Goat Cheese Strata
- I lightened my strata by using unsweetened almond milk. You can also use whole, 2%, 1%, or skim milk.
- Kale would make a good substitution for the spinach.
- You may also add more vegetables by adding 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms or bell peppers to this recipe.
- For the bread try sandwich, sourdough, Italian, or ciabatta.
- For tips on baking bread pudding, which also applies to this strata, read this post.
You may also enjoy these brunch dishes.
Spinach Goat Cheese Strata
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 medium lemon zested
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups almond milk plain unsweetened
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup red onion thinly sliced
- ½ to ¾ cup goat cheese crumbled
- If cooking immediately, preheat the oven to 400° F. If you're allowing the strata to sit for a while before baking, cover it and allow it to sit the strata on the counter for 30 minutes, then preheat the oven.
- Grease an 8 or 9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the zest, mustard, salt, pepper, almond milk, and eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, spinach, onion, and half of the goat cheese. Gently toss to combine and transfer to the baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread mixture in the baking dish. Make sure all the ingredients are evenly covered. Press the bread down gently with your hands if necessary to submerge it in the milk mixture.
- Top with the remaining goat cheese
- Bake until the center of the strata is no longer jiggly and the edges are browned for about 30 minutes.
I made this today for a baby shower. It was SO delicious and everyone (including me) went back to seconds! Great recipe and really easy to make!
So happy you liked it.