Homemade Orange Curd Recipe is the most amazing orange curd you’ll ever eat! It’s smooth, creamy, tart, and sweet.
Freshly squeezed orange juice gives this sauce a bright, fresh flavor.
You may also enjoy these sauce recipes
You’re probably familiar with lemon curd, but did you know you can turn any citrus whether it’s lemons, oranges, limes and even grapefruits into a curd. It’s a simple process. The recipe below will work for any citrus fruit.
This simple recipe doesn’t have many ingredients but it sure makes a big impact on cakes, ice cream, pancakes, muffins, and waffles. In fact, it will boost the flavor of anything you serve it on.
Homemade Orange Curd Recipe
For the curd
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
For the curd
- Stir together all the ingredients in a small, heavy saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly for 10 to 12 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. (The orange curd will be ready when it begins to form bubbles around the edge of the pan and coats the back of a spoon.)
- You may strain the sauce to remove the zest and any pieces of cooked egg. Or, if you prefer a chunkier texture left the zest in the curd.
- Use immediately or store in a clean jar with lid and refrigerate up to one week.