Convenient and tasty Three Cheese Beef Pasta Bake is sure to become a family favorite. Layers of hearty pasta, gooey cheese and tomato meat sauce is baked until golden brown!
Pasta with a tomato sauce is one of my favorite foods. When it comes together as quickly as this one does, well, that’s even better. I used a jarred sauce in this Three Cheese Beef Pasta Bake recipe. Find a good quality sauce and it’ll make your life so much easier!
If you follow me on Instagram, you know I received some Barilla products recently. I could not wait to start cooking with them. Pasta, I can confidently say, is my most favorite food. Seriously, I could give up meat easily. Heck, I could give up my beloved desserts, but I could not give up pasta!
I love this pasta recipe, I’ve been making it for years. I also love the short cut of using a jarred tomato sauce. You can taste the difference of Barilla® Sauce because it’s made with real vegetables. It has all natural, quality ingredients like vine-ripe tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil and fragrant herbs.
I like to use fun pasta shapes in my casseroles, but you can use any shape you like or have on hand. Today I used Campanella! In Italian Campanella means little bell, or shaped like a bell or flower. They are like perfect for capturing meaty sauces.
Basically, there are five steps to this recipe
- Boil noodles
- Brown beef
- Mix cheeses
- Layer it
- Bake it
Really it’s that simple!
Another bonus, I make this pasta in the morning, because all heck breaks loose at my house after the boys get home from school! Then all I have to do is pop it in the oven and in 30 minutes we have a hot dinner. I have virtually nothing to clean up after dinner as well!
- 1/2 pound Barilla Pasta any shape will work. This will be about half a box.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 15.5 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon beef boullion paste
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 ounce ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 large eggs beaten
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Toss with oil and spoon into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cook ground beef, onion and garlic in a skillet until no longer pink, usually 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add spaghetti sauce, beef boullion past and tomato paste and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.Stir in salt and pepper.
- Combine ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan, 1/2 cup mozzarella and eggs. Spoon over pasta.
- Top with beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, Paula
This pasta would be great served with a crisp green salad!