Convenient and tasty Three Cheese Beef Pasta Bake is sure to become a family favorite. Layers of hearty pasta, gooey cheese, and tomato meat sauce are baked until golden brown!
Pasta with a tomato sauce is one of my favorite foods. When it comes together as quickly as this one does, well, that’s even better. I used a jarred sauce in this Three Cheese Beef Pasta Bake recipe. Find a good quality sauce and it’ll make your life so much easier!
If you follow me on Instagram, you know I received some Barilla products recently. I could not wait to start cooking with them. Pasta, I can confidently say, is my most favorite food. Seriously, I could give up meat easily. Heck, I could give up my beloved desserts, but I could not give up pasta!
I love this pasta recipe, I’ve been making it for years. I also love the short cut of using a jarred tomato sauce. You can taste the difference of Barilla® Sauce because it’s made with real vegetables. It has all-natural, quality ingredients like vine-ripe tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, and fragrant herbs.
I like to use fun pasta shapes in my casseroles, but you can use any shape you like or have on hand. Today I used Campanella! In Italian Campanella means little bell, or shaped like a bell or flower. They are like perfect for capturing meaty sauces.
Basically, there are five steps to this recipe
- Boil noodles
- Brown beef
- Mix cheeses
- Layer it
- Bake it
Really it’s that simple!
Another bonus, I make this pasta in the morning, because all heck breaks loose at my house after the boys get home from school! Then all I have to do is pop it in the oven and in 30 minutes we have a hot dinner. I have virtually nothing to clean up after dinner as well!
Three Cheese Layered Beef Pasta Bake
- 1/2 pound pasta any shape will work. This will be about half a box.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 15.5 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon beef boullion paste
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 16 ounce ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese fresh grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 large eggs beaten
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Toss with oil and spoon into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cook ground beef, onion and garlic in a skillet until no longer pink, usually 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add spaghetti sauce, beef bouillon paste and tomato paste and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Combine ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and eggs. Spoon over pasta.
- Top with beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
This pasta would be great served with a crisp green salad!