Healthy Oatmeal Date Breakfast Cookies are dense, moist, and chewy. They make a great on-the-go breakfast or after school snack option. These make a healthier breakfast that your family will love.
Cookies. Who wouldn’t want cookies for breakfast? I’ve been wanting to make breakfast cookies for a long time. Healthy Oatmeal Date Breakfast Cookies are full of flavor and healthier ingredients. This breakfast is a great way to start your day. Hint, they also make a great after school snack!
Finally, a cookie you can eat and not feel bad about. This breakfast cookie recipe doesn’t contain butter or flour. They are delicious and very easy to quickly stir together and bake.
Healthy Oatmeal Date Breakfast Cookies
- I used old-fashioned rolled oats. I do not recommend using a quick cooking oat in this recipe.
- I used almond butter, but you can substitute cashew butter or peanut butter.
- I used a combination of dried fruit, dates and mango, in my cookies. You can use any one dried fruit or a combination of 2 or 3 as long as the total is 3 tablespoons. You may also use freeze-dried fruit if you prefer.
- You can use stevia, sugar, or omit the sugar altogether if you don’t have much of a sweet tooth. I do and I used 1 tables granulated sugar.
- The riper the banana the sweet it will be. If you have a very ripe banana, you may want to use less sugar.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Healthy Oatmeal Date Breakfast Cookies are moist and soft. They use simple ingredients that have tons of flavor.
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup mashed banana, 1 small banana
- ¼ cup almond butter (read post for substitutions)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 or 3 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 2 to 3 tablespoon dried dates and dried mango, diced (read post for substitutions)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (read post for substitutions)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash banana with almond butter.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate dough for 10 minutes.
- Using a spring-release scoop, scoop cookies onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Slightly flatten cookies.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet 5 to 6 minutes then serve.
Sharing at these parties.