I worked with American Shrimp Company to develop this recipe for Shrimp Pasta in Spicy New Orleans Tomato Cream Sauce. This shrimp and pasta dish is super simple to make, incredibly flavorful, and completely satisfying.
This recipe has an ideal combination of flavors from hot and spicy to tangy and creamy. It also has a nice balance of contrasting textures from the firm shrimp to the soft pasta. And, if that’s not enough to win you over, maybe this will, it can be ready to eat and on your table in less than 30 minutes!
I love tomato cream sauce but previously shied away from making it. However, I learned it’s a very easy sauce to make. You can see every step in the video below as well as detailed instructions in the recipe card.
I added spices and cajun seasoning to kick up a basic tomato cream sauce recipe. Although it’s impressive enough for guests, this pasta comes together easily in about 30 minutes making it a good option for weeknight meals as well.
As mentioned above, I used shrimp for my recipe from The American Shrimp Company, an online retailer of wild caught American shrimp. These shrimp are mostly sourced out of the Gulf and Southern Atlantic. They are highly regarded for their delicate flavor profile and firm texture.
The American Shrimp Company makes it very easy to place orders. They have a variety of shrimp to choose from. As well, all orders are hand selected, hand packaged in 1 pound (16oz) containers then vacuum sealed, fresh chilled and delivered fresh to your door. The American Shrimp Company delivers the freshest and finest free range American shrimp directly to your door! I received my big, beautiful shrimp order in one day and was elated with how quickly they arrived and how wonderful they taste.
The American Shrimp Company shrimp are fresh chilled and delivered fresh to your door, you won’t find a fresher, tastier Shrimp anywhere else. These wonderful shrimp are not sold in stores and are only available here. You can find several different sizes perfectly accommodating all cooking styles, recipes and occasions.
Order you shrimp now: American Shrimp Company Product Information
Shrimp Pasta in Spicy New Orleans Tomato Cream Sauce Tips
The tomato cream sauce really has the best of both tomato sauce and cream sauce. It has the flavor and tang of a tomato sauce with a little heat from the seasonings and a smooth, creamy texture from the heavy whipping cream.
First of all, you may alter the red pepper and cajun seasoning amount to your desired level of heat. I tend to like spicy food and this had just the right balance for me.
Furthermore, you can use any shape pasta you like or that you have in the pantry. Hubs prefers angel hair. Angel hair pasta cooks quickly so that’s what I used. I have used 2 or 3 different kinds of pasta in the same dish when I have random amounts remaining in the packages. It all tastes the same so go for it.
You can use tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, or whole tomatoes in this recipe. I do prefer tomato sauce of diced tomatoes since it reguires a little less time. You wil need to break down the whole tomatoes so that they are not in big chunks.
Additionally, you can use green, red, orange, or yellow bell pepper or even add a jalapeno pepper for more kick when you cook this.
Shrimp Pasta in Spicy New Orleans Tomato Cream Sauce
Yield 4 servings
Shrimp Pasta in Spicy New Orleans Tomato Cream Sauce is spiked with spices and seasonings that lend a complex note to the recipe.
- 1 pound American Shrimp Company shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon <a href="http://Tony Chacheres Seasoning Creole, 17 oz" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" data-wplink-url-error="true">cajun/creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon paste
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 8-ounce angel hair pasta
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Peel and devein shrimp. Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel.
- Season shrimp on both sides with red pepper, paprika, and cajun seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet
- Add onion and bell pepper. Saute 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add shrimp and garlic and cook shrimp 2 minutes per side.
- Remove shrimp from pan leaving the oil in the skillet.
- To skillet add tomato sauce, water, chicken bouillon paste, chili sauce, and worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream.
- Season with more salt, pepper, and more cajun seasoning to taste.
- Boil pasta and drain.
- Add pasta and shrimp to sauce.
- Squeeze lemon juice over pasta and stir well to combine.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Click over and follow The American Shrimp Company on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. For product and purchase info check them out here. This is a sponsored post for American Shrimp Company. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are mine.