Skinny Pumpkin Snickers Poke Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting has warm, fall notes of pumpkin and is topped with a light-as-a-cloud whipped cream frosting.
I’ve had some cakes that claim to be “Better than xxx” and honestly, they weren’t. But, this Pumpkin Cake with Whipped Cream Pecan Frosting, it’s close. haha, just kidding. It sure is good though!
Ok, so I’m going to be straight up honest right here, if you don’t like cool whip, or low fat/fat free versions of ingredients, stop reading. If you continue, don’t go blasting me in the comments. K? thanks!
I will give you regular and lighter versions of ingredients for this cake. I’ve made both versions and they’re both out-of-this-world delicious!!
If you like moist cakes, this cake is for you!
If you like easy-to-make desserts, this cake’s for you!
There is no easier cake to make than this Skinny Pumpkin Snickers Poke Cake. For the cake, you merely mix cake mix and pumpkin puree. It’s that simple, no eggs, no oil. Hard to believe?
The next step is to drown your cake with sweetened condensed milk, then top it with a frosting made of instant pudding and whipped cream! It’s so simple, but it’s so impressive! I made this for a ladies luncheon and had to give up the recipe before they’d let me out of the building!
Oh, I almost forgot, your choice, but it certainly adds to the wow factor. It’s doesn’t add to the ‘skinny’ factor though, top this baby with chopped snickers!
- 1- 16.5 ounce box yellow cake mix
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk or fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whole milk, you can substitute skim, 1% or 2% milk
- 1 - 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding or sugar free vanilla instant pudding
- 8 ounce tub cool whip, low fat or fat free can be used, or 1 pint whipping cream plus 2 tablespoon confectioners sugar, whipped to soft peak stage
- 3 cups chopped Snickers candy bars, about 4 regular size bars, uh, there is no substitution!
- optional - caramel ice cream topping, regular or sugar free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix cake mix and pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla until smooth. *You will not use the ingredients on the back of the cake mix!*
- Pour into a 9x13 inch cake pan and bake at 350 for 27 to 30 minutes.Test center with wooden pick, if it comes out clean or almost clean, your cake is done.
- Remove and cool for 5 minutes. Poke holes in cake and pour sweetened condensed milk over entire cake. *Cool completely before frosting.
- Whisk milk and pudding for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped cream or cool whip. Spoon and spread evenly on top of cooled cake.
- Refrigerate an hour to set.
- Top with chopped snickers and caramel.
- Serve and enjoy!
Because there are no eggs in this cake, the cake isn't super sturdy. After all, eggs are used in baking as a leavener and a binder. Because of lack of a binding agent, I don't recommend making this into a layer cake.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Are you following on Pinterest?
Visit Paula @ CallMePMc.com’s profile on Pinterest.