10 Minute Enchilada Sauce Recipe – this recipe is so easy to make and so much better than store-bought. It’s spicy and smooth. With just a few pantry staples you can enjoy this 10 Minute Enchilada Sauce Recipe on tacos, chicken, burgers, eggs, and more.
You’re just a few ingredients and about 10 minutes away from his luscious sauce. It’s so easy, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to eating store-bought enchilada sauce. This is a staple sauce, that I now keep on hand.
I originally made 10 Minute Enchilada Sauce Recipe for my Enchilada Burger. If you’re looking for a different twist on a burger, definitely give it a try!
10 Minute Enchilada Sauce Recipe
As much as the boys like Mexican style food, I don’t know why I haven’t made Enchilada Sauce before now. I was intimidated, but with this easy recipe, you don’t have to be.
Everything goes in one pan to simmer. The one thing to watch for is not to get it too hot too quickly and scorch the sauce.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 8 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water or more if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir flour and chili powder into the oil; cook and stir until smooth. Gradually stir tomato sauce, water, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and brown sugar into the flour mixture. Salt to taste. Reduce heat to low and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
You may also enjoy