Chocolate Fudge Bundt Cake Recipe is a devilishly rich, ridiculously moist, and decadently fudgy recipe that’s oh-so-easy to make! It’s topped with a short-cut chocolate ganache.
This cake smells like chocolate heaven while it’s baking!
So you say you’re not a baker! Let me assure you, you can bake this cake!!
CHOCOLATE FUDGE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE
The most ‘measured incorrectly’ ingredient in baking is flour. You don’t have to worry about that with this cake because you’re using a chocolate cake mix. As well, you’re going to use a box of instant chocolate pudding. No measuring, no worries! Plus, the combination of these two makes this cake ultra fudgy!
Please note, you are not making the pudding. Simply put the pudding mix in with the other ingredients.
If the instant pudding mix isn’t available in your area, you can make your own pudding mix. Combine 3/4 cup of dry milk powder, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of corn starch, and 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa in a bowl. Stir the ingredients until they are completely combined. Add this mixture to the cake as you would the instant pudding and continue with the recipe as listed below.
Sour cream helps it stay tender and moist. You can substitute buttermilk or Greek yogurt.
SHOP THIS POST
- Bundt pan – I almost always use a
tube paninstead of a bundt pan, but for this recipe, I like this bundt pan.
- Chocolate cake mix – please note, don’t use the kind with the pudding already in the mix. You will be adding instant pudding to the cake. I used Devil’s food. You can use German chocolate or any of the chocolate flavors available.
- Chocolate Instant Pudding and Pie Filling – not sugar-free. If instant pudding isn’t available in your area, scroll up ^^ for the substitution recipe.
This Chocolate Cake will definitely be one of your “go-to” recipes. It’s an easy chocolate dessert that can be prepared all in one bowl in about 5 minutes.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 15.25 ounce box chocolate cake mix
- 3.9 ounce box instant chocolate pudding
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 3 large eggs at room temperature, slightly beaten
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup prepared chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a bundt pan with shortening and lightly dust with sugar (you can use flour, but I prefer sugar for a chocolate cake).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine all the cake ingredients. Mix on low speed for about 30 seconds until combined. Then mix on medium until smooth or about 30 seconds. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides, mix for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. Test the cake by piercing the cake in the center with a wooden pick. It is done when no crumbs or dry crumbs remain on the pick when removed.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then invert the pan onto a cake plate. Cool completely before frosting.
- Heat the frosting in the microwave 45 to 65 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cool cake.