Soft and moist inside with a crispy and crunchy top, this Cream Cheese Glazed Carrot Cake Bread Pudding Recipe is packed with traditional carrot cake flavors!
Before we get to this recipe …
Maybe I’ve been on carrot cake overload. I made Carrot Cake Poke Cake and Pineapple Upside Down Carrot Cake, Then I made Carrot Cake Pancakes, I actually thought of this Cream Cheese Glazed Carrot Cake Bread Pudding Recipe after I made Carrot Cake Pancakes. That was in November, then came peppermint and fudge and cutesy Christmas foods. I’m just now getting to make and share this tasty recipe with you!
After finally tasting this Cream Cheese Glazed Carrot Cake Bread Pudding Recipe, it immediately became one of my favorites. It’s dense, but light. It’s moist without being mushy. I added the same ingredients, carrots, pineapple, nuts and coconut that I add to my Carrot Cake so it has great texture.
Cream Cheese Glazed Carrot Cake Bread Pudding Recipe
Bread Pudding is a simple dessert recipe. It’s composed of day-old bread, eggs, sugar and milk. After that, any spices and flavorings you want to add is up to you. Kick it up as I did in the Pineapple Upside Down Bread Pudding. Actually using dried out bread is best for this recipe. If you don’t have dry bread, you can cube it then toast it in the oven for 10 minutes on 300 degrees F to speed the process.
Dry bread will soak up the custard sauce better, so there is a legit reason for this.
I prefer the texture chopped pecans or walnuts and shredded coconut gives this bread pudding. However, the nuts and coconut are optional ingredients, by all means, if you don’t like them, leave them out. Or, sprinkle the nuts and coconut on top so your kids can easily pick them out. I know about these things!
Can I put a glaze on this recipe?
My favorite Carrot Cake is frosted with Cream Cheese Frosting. Actually, my favorite frosting is Cream Cheese Frosting so I
eat it by the spoonfuls frost every cake I can with it. I even put it on these pancakes. So I do highly recommend not leaving it off this Cream Cheese Glazed Carrot Cake Bread Pudding Recipe.
- 6 cups dry bread, cut into cubes
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 4 ounce crushed pineapple drained reserving 1/4 cup juice
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut*
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts*
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 and 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla**
- 3 to 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Shred or chop carrots. I process them in the food processor until fine.
- Drain pineapple.
- Place bread on a sheet tray and bake 10 minutes at 200 degrees F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a sauce pan. Add 1 cup carrots, the pineapple and the brown sugar. Heat on medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves and carrots soften about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and slowly whisk in milk, 1/4 cup pineapple juice, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Temper eggs then add to milk mixture slowly. Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Add bread and allow to soak in milk mixture 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8x8 inch oven safe pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour bread mixture into pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes until top is browned and center is set.Cream Cheese Glaze
- In a large bowl, whisk or beat all the cream cheese glaze ingredients until smooth.
- Pour glaze over cooled bread pudding.
can omit coconut and/or pecans or walnuts if desired*I use clear vanilla so the glaze stays white, regular vanilla will work
If you like this recipe,
Kristi at I Should Be Mopping the Floor
Do you like bread pudding? What do you think about Cream Cheese Glazed Carrot Cake Bread Pudding Recipe?