Loaded Summer Greens with Dill Sauce is a healthy potato salad is made with roasted potatoes, boiled eggs, bacon and tossed in creamy dill dressing.
It’s a healthy but hearty salad that I serve as an entree salad. However, you can scale it back for a side salad. Either way, these flavors will wow your taste buds!
Although this salad has several different steps, some of them can be cooking simultaneously for an effortless meal.
If you have time, I highly recommend you make the Dill Dressing a few hours to a day beforehand. The flavors mellow and blend and really get better the longer they sit and get to know each other. This also cuts down on the last-minute prep.
Speaking of last-minute prepping, all the components can be made early and reheated in the microwave. As well, I like the potatoes, bacon, and eggs cold and you may too. Consider that if you like cold salads.
LOADED SUMMER GREENS WITH DILL SAUCE
- You can use hard-boiled eggs or jammy-cooked eggs depending on what you prefer.
- You could also fry an egg for this salad.
- To save calories and fat, you can use turkey bacon or Canadian bacon.
- As well, you can add chicken. Grilled then sliced chicken would be delicious.
- I prefer baby spinach, but you can use any salad greens.
- To me, the Dill Dressing makes this salad, but you can use any salad dressing.
- Freshly ground black pepper is so much better than pre-ground.
- Finally, parmesan cheese is another tasty layer to add.
You’ll enjoy these recipes too!
- Best Cobb Salad with Buttermilk Garlic Dressing
- Loaded Keto Avocado Bacon Chicken Salad
- Potsticker Pasta Salad
- Black and Blue Salad
- Bowtie Pesto Pasta Salad
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version dated September 17, 2012. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
LOADED SUMMER GREENS WITH DILL SAUCE
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 slice bacon cooked and crumbled
- 12-16 ounces fresh spinach washed and drained
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potato small or new
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 medium green onions sliced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise or Olive oil mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh dill finely chopped, more or less depending if you want a strong dill flavor
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- For fully cooked boiled eggs, add the eggs when the water begins to simmer and cook in gently boiling water for 10 minutes. For jammy eggs, add the eggs when the water begins to simmer and cook in gently boiling water for 6 minutes and 30 seconds. Remove from water then transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water and chill until just slightly warm, about 2 minutes. Next, peel and slice.
- Cover a 15x10-inch sheet pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Slice potatoes in half (or in quarters if they're large.) Combine potatoes, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in a bowl and tossing gently.
- Bake at 400° for 40 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned. Cooking time will depend on how large the potatoes are.
- Cook bacon in a single layer on a sheet pan covered in foil in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes at 400°. Cooking time will depend on if the bacon is thin or thick cut. Remove from oven and drain on paper towels then chop in large pieces.
- I like to build the salad in individual plates/bowls instead of a large serving dish. Add lettuce to serving plates. Arrange potato, chopped bacon, green onions, and sliced eggs over lettuce. Sprinkle on more salt and pepper in needed.
- Dress each salad with dill sauce and serve.
- Make the dressing 2 to 24 hours ahead of time and refrigerate.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.