Sweet, and spicy, Roasted Pineapple Salsa Recipe, is an explosion of flavors that perks up any food. This salsa is vibrant, delicious, and hits all the flavor notes.
This summer is time to kick up your salsa by roasting pineapples and jalapenos for salsa. Fresh pineapple is roasted to bring out the natural sugars giving it a sweeter and smoky flavor.
Fresh and healthy, Roasted Pineapple Salsa Recipe gives tacos, salads, and burgers an out-of-this-world flavor. You may also serve it traditionally as a dip with tortilla chips… or eat it right out of the bowl with a spoon like I did. No judging!
You may also enjoy these posts
Roasted Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- If you prefer to grill, you may opt to grill the pineapple and jalapeno, low and slow, for this recipe instead of roasting them in the oven.
- I used one jalapeno. You may want to use two.
- I recommend tasting jalapenos before adding them to any recipe. They vary greatly in level of heat.
How to pick a ripe pineapple
- Once a pineapple is picked, it will not ripen further.
- First, smell the bottom of the pineapple, not the crown. It should smell sweet, but not fermented.
- Give it a slight squeeze. A ripe pineapple will give slightly, yet still be firm.
- As well, it should be golden with green healthy leaves.
- Pineapples should be well developed with rounded edges, the eyes should be filled out, but flat.
- Furthermore, avoid pineapples with wrinkled or cracked skin. Also, avoid pineapples with reddish-brown spots, or brown withering leaves.
- Finally, a ripe pineapple will also be heavy for its size.
Roasted Pineapple Salsa Recipe is sweet and spicy. This salsa recipe has an explosion of flavors that perks up any food. It's vibrant, delicious, and hits all the flavor notes.
- 1 ripe pineapple peeled and sliced
- 1-2 tablespoon oil coconut, olive, vegetable
- 1-2 jalapenos halved and seeded
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place pineapple slices and jalapenos on parchment paper on a sheet tray and drizzle with oil.
- Roast for 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
- When cool, chop the pineapple and jalapeno.
- Add all ingredients to bowl and stir.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 6 hours.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.