Sausage and cream cheese stuffed jalapenos, or Baked Fiery Sausage Jalapenos, couldn’t be a more perfect entertaining appetizer. A simple bite-size appetizer packed with flavor that comes together quickly and easily with just four ingredients.
Sausage and Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
Fiery Sausage Jalapenos have just the right amount of heat mixed with gooey cheese. Cooked until the pepper is soft, but still firm enough to hold together, these stuffed jalapeno peppers make an easy make-ahead appetizer or tailgating recipe.
I love good Fiery Sausage Jalapenos. Some jalapenos are hotter than others and I have no idea how you can tell before you bite into one, therefore, I always use a mild pork sausage.
Ingredients for your Sausage and Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
- Pork breakfast sausage
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
Tips for making
Just enough cream cheese is used to hold the sausage together. I don’t recommend using light or fat-free cream cheese for this recipe.
I used a cheddar Colby cheese mixture. Cheddar tends to be really oily and I prefer this mixture. You can use your favorite cheese or whatever cheese you have on hand.
I baked these Fiery Sausage Jalapenos instead of grilling them. I’m not much on grilling. In fact, I don’t grill. I leave the grilling to my husband and oldest son. Even though it’s hot outside, I really wanted a jalapeno popper recipe that I could cook in the oven for convenience. Of course, they can be grilled if you prefer.
Fiery Sausage Jalapenos
- Clean, half, and core your jalapenos. I used a spoon to remove the seeds and spine from the jalapenos. I recommend using gloves for this process and don’t touch your face. Remove and discard gloves and wash hands thoroughly afterward.
- Chorizo is a good substitution for pork sausage.
- Fiery Sausage Jalapenos are good alone or with my Wowee Maui sauce.
- This is a great deal on 2-pack sheet pans for baking!
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
Fiery Sausage Jalapenos
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 pound mild pork sausage
- 2 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup cheddar/Colby cheese shredded
- 10 jalapeno peppers washed, halved, cored, and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cook sausage in a skillet until done.
- Mix sausage with cream cheese.
- Fill halved jalapeno peppers with sausage mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Place on a sheet pan.
- Repeat with all jalapeno and mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
I love jalapeño poppers. I have no idea why I hardly ever make them. This recipe is going on the to be made ASAP list! Thanks.
How do we find the Maui Wowee sauce?
Here it is: https://www.callmepmc.com/wowee-maui-sauce/
Debbie Thierath says
These sound amazing!