Seared Scallops are paired with an easy-to-make
Quick meals don’t always have to be sandwiches. Seafood is ultra quick to cook. You can grill or pan saute’ scallops or shrimp in minutes.
ARE SEARED SCALLOPS HEALTHY?
Scallops are clean tasting with a slightly sweet flavor. They are low calorie with only 112 calories per 100g serving, 23 grams of protein, 1 gram of fat, and no carbohydrates! They also contain heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
You’ll want to cook scallops almost as you would a steak, sear the outside quickly on a very hot skillet, and remove them from the heat. Scallops can go from perfect to overcooked in seconds so watch them closely! They’ll be rubbery, touch, and chewy if overcooked.
HOW DO YOU CHOOSE THE BEST SCALLOPS?
You can find scallops pretty easily at most grocery stores either in the fresh fish counter or the frozen section. You’ll want large scallops for this recipe, not the smaller bay scallops. If you cannot find fresh scallops, frozen works as well but buy dry instead of wet scallops.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN SEARED SCALLOPED ARE DONE?
Scallops will change from translucent to opaque when done. (just like an egg white does)
You can always cut into one to check doneness until you are familiar with how long it takes and what they look like once perfectly cooked.
IF YOU LIKE SEARED SCALLOPS YOU’LL LIKE THESE RECIPES?
- Sauteed Tequila Lime Shrimp
- Shrimp Pasta in Spicy New Orleans Tomato Cream Sauce
- New Orleans Sausage Shrimp Crawfish Pasta
- New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp Pasta
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Sweet Corn Risotto with Shrimp
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lemon
- Heat a large sauce pan to high.
- Pat scallops dry and add salt, pepper, and garlic to all sides.
- Add olive oil and butter to the pan. Once the oil is hot and ripples, add scallops to the pan careful not to crowd.
- Allow them to cook undisturbed 3 to 4 minutes before turning. They should be brown before turning. Once browned turn to the second side and sear again for 3 to 4 minutes or until scallop is opaque.
- Just before removing from the pan, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the scallops. Serve immediately.