The delicious S’mores Doughnuts Recipe starts with a quick mix, then baked, and topped with a chocolate glaze, a toasted marshmallow, and crushed graham crackers. They are soft, sweet, and decadent.
S’MORES DOUGHNUTS RECIPE
Are doughnuts breakfast or dessert?
I prefer baked donuts over fried ones.
- Baked doughnuts are healthier.
- As well, they are easier to make in my opinion. You don’t have to wait for the yeast to rise and you don’t have to cook one or two at a time like you do when frying.
- They take less than 30 minutes from gathering the ingredients to taking your first bite.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
The full recipe with amounts and methods is at the bottom of the post.
- Chocolate cake mix + ingredients called for on cake mix box. gluten-free and vegan if desired
- Chocolate chips. dairy-free if desired
- Powdered sugar.
- Cocao powder.
- Milk. Dairy-free if desired
- Vanilla extract.
- Large Marshmallows. vegan, if desired
- Graham crackers. gluten-free and vegan if desired
As well, a kitchen torch works best for toasting the marshmallows.
HOW DO YOU MAKE S’MORES DONUTS?
- Preheat the oven and grease your pan.
- Gently mix the ingredients.
- With a piping bag, fill the baking pan with the batter and pop in the oven.
- While the donuts are baking, mix together the glaze.
- Bake until lightly browned.
- Dip each donut in the glaze and top with a marshmallow.
- Torch the marshmallow before serving.
TIPS FOR MAKING
- Spray your doughnut pan liberally.
- Like muffins, don’t overmix the batter.
- Use a piping or ziptop bag with the corner snipped off to fill your pan.
More camping recipes for you to make today!
- Burger Hobo Dinner Foil Pack
- Dutch Oven Sausage Breakfast Pinwheels
- Campfire Potato Foil Packs
- Boy Scout Snack Mix
- Oven-Baked Smores Bars
- Boy Scout Campout Bacon Hash Brown Breakfast Sandwich
Below is the full recipe. These doughnuts are so quick and easy to make. Let me encourage you to make them asap. Get the kiddos involved with the mixing and making. They’ll love it!
S'MORES DOUGHNUTS RECIPE
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 12 large marshmallows
- ½ cup graham crackers crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease the doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl, prepare the cake mix according to the package directions. Add in the cinnamon and chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Fill each donut cavity with the batter and transfer to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes then allow to cool for 5 before inverting onto a cooling rack.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the glaze ingredients until smooth* [see notes].
- Dip each donut into the glaze then top with a marshmallow and a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs. If desired, torch the marshmallow before serving.
- If the glaze is too thick, add in additional milk a tablespoon at a time until a thick glossy glaze is formed.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- You can use dairy-free, gluten-free and/or vegan products if desired.