Triple Chips Chocolate Chip Cookies is one of my fave recipes for chocolate chip cookies. The secret lies in the method as much as the ingredients.
If I’m going to eat a Chocolate Chip Cookie I want a cookie full of chocolate. There is nothing I dislike more than a ‘cakey’ cookie with more ‘cookie’ than chocolate chips. I want a lot of chocolate and a little dough.
This was my goal for these Triple Chips Chocolate Chip Cookies. I literally put three times the normal amount of chocolate chips in them. This will be your new favorite chocolate chip cookie! It’s super easy to make, a no-fail recipe and uses simple ingredients that you probably already have!
As for the ‘cakey’ cookie dilemma, the secret for that is with the butter.
How do I get cookies with crispy edges with chewy, moist centers that have big melted chunks of chocolate? It’s all about the butter.
- Butter keeps cookies tender.
- It also gives cookies flavor.
- Additionally, it affects texture.
Melting butter before combining it with sugar and eggs leads to denser and chewier cookies. Whereas, creamed butter result in cookies that are fluffy, lighter, and firmer (cake-like).
However, don’t miss this part! When you used melted butter in a cookie, you must refrigerate the dough for at least one hour before baking them. This allows the butter to firm back up. Why? you ask. If you don’t chill the dough and firm the butter, the dough will spread too much and the cookie will be too thin.
You may enjoy a no-bake cookie or these delicious cookies below. Click the photo for the recipe.
Triple Chips Chocolate Chip Cookies and Best Cookie Baking Tips
- Read your recipe through completely before starting.
- Bake by the minimum time listed on recipes and check them after minimum so as not to overcook.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Have all ingredients at room temperature unless otherwise specified.
- Use real butter.
- Use a spring release scoop (ice cream scoop) for even shaped cookies.
- One important step in the process of making cookies is to refrigerate the dough before baking. This allows the butter to firm up so the cookie doesn’t spread too much. As well, it allows the gluten to relax for a more tender cookie. Additionally, there’s no harm in making the dough, forming it into balls, and keeping them in the fridge for up to 5 days before baking them.
- The dough will also freeze for up to 4 months. Bake as directed whenever you’re ready to bake.
- Don’t over mix the dough. This will make a tough cookie.
- I highly recommend baking cookies on a Silpat mat.
- Carefully and correctly measure flour.
Triple Chips Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup melted butter real butter, no substitutes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour sifted before measured
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter and allow it to cool
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter and sugars. Mix until combined. Add eggs one at a time and mix until they are incorporated. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Stir in chocolate by hand until evenly distributed.
- At this point, you can either scoop into balls and place on a baking sheet. The baking sheet needs to fit in the refrigerator. OR, you can refrigerate the dough in the bowl and scoop out after the dough is chilled.
- After the dough is chilled, bake cookies at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until the desired level of doneness. I like crispy edges with soft centers. For 1.5 tablespoons of dough, I cook for 12 minutes.
Join my new Facebook Group here!
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.