Twice Baked Feta Tomato Potatoes make a delicious main or side dish to compliment any main entree. They’re cheesy and full of flavor.
These stuffed potatoes can be prepared ahead and reheated to serve! As well, you can even freeze them too making meal prep a breeze!
TWICE BAKED FETA TOMATO POTATOES
Potatoes or pasta rank second on my list of favorites. My love of potatoes began at an early age, growing up, my mother served some form of potatoes almost daily. We would joke about it; it wasn’t ‘are we having potatoes?’, it was more like ‘what kind of potatoes are we having?’ Baked potatoes were my favorite answer to that question. I’d slather on almost a whole stick of butter on mine. (I know you’re thinking you have the wrong Paula using that amount of butter, right?)
This recipe is easy to make and filling. Additionally, you can add veggies like onion, spinach, peppers, and avocado to give the dish more nutrients and vibrant color.
This recipe is for four potatoes and can serve four to eight people, and it can easily be reduced in half. (I allow a whole potato for a meal or half if serving as a side.)
How do I make a Twice Baked Potato?
First, you bake it once. Then, scoop the inside flesh out of the potato leaving the skin solid. Next, you’ll mix the flesh with yummy ingredients. For this recipe, you’ll milk, butter, feta, garlic, and tomatoes.
Finally, you refill the potato with the potato mixture and bake it again.
They’re simple to make but looks like you made a fuss. This is why they’re so good for entertaining.
How do I freeze baked potatoes?
Prepare the potatoes as directed below except omit adding the tomatoes. Next, wrap each boat tightly in aluminum foil. Place the wrapped potatoes in resealable freezer bags and place them in the freezer for up to three months.
They will keep for three months in the freezer.
When you’re ready to eat them, allow them to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. You can then bake them for 30 minutes at 350°. As well, you can remove the foil and wrap them in plastic wrap and reheat them in the microwave for 4 to 5 minutes.
Finally, add the tomatoes and Everything Bagel seasoning and serve.
I often reduce my prep time by microwaving potatoes instead of baking them. Yes, I have a fool-proof way of microwaving potatoes that’s just as good as baked! Get it here> Best Microwave Baked Potato
Potatoes are economical and go great with any meat entree’. I have many potato recipes to choose from!
- Crock Pot Crack Hash Brown Potatoes
- Hash Brown Potato Casserole aka Funeral Potatoes
- Crispy Roast Potatoes
- Roasted Garlic Ranch Potatoes
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Hasselback Scalloped Potatoes
- Potato Foil Packs
I updated this post from an earlier version dated April 23, 2013. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a comment & 5-star rating.
Twice Baked Feta Tomato Potatoes
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Using a fork, poke holes in potatoes. Wrap in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and allow the potatoes to sit for several minutes.
- With a spoon, scoop out potato flesh being careful to leave 1/2-inch of the shells intact.
- Place the shells back on the baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mash potato pulp, milk, butter, feta, and garlic . When it's as smooth as you like add stir in the tomatoes. Spoon mixture into potato shells.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and lightly brown on top.
- Garnish with Everything seasoning and spicy ranch.