Incredibly delicious Leftover Turkey Bruschetta Slider with Balsamic Mayonnaise is unlike any other sandwich you’ve tasted. It’s easy, fresh, and so flavorful!
I turned the classic combination of tomato, basil, mozzarella into an easy and hearty sandwich. Balsamic mayonnaise makes this recipe stand apart. The bold flavor of balsamic vinaigrette in a creamy base of mayo. It’s a winning flavor profile and you’ll find you want to smear it on every sandwich you make!
Honestly, I enjoy leftovers from holiday meals more than I enjoy the meal itself. Maybe it’s the relatives and having cooked for two days that deter my enthusiasm for the actual holiday meal or maybe it’s because there are so many fun ways to eat leftover turkey!
Maybe it’s a little of both….
Leftover Turkey Bruschetta Slider with Balsamic Mayonnaise is a tall ‘Dagwood’ style sandwich with layers and layers of goodness. Flavorful turkey is the foundation. Mozzarella cheese is piled on top with a salad mix of lettuce, tomato, and the real star, Balsamic Mayonnaise.
It has the classic flavor profile of bruschetta or Caprese, but hearty and filling with the addition of turkey.
Leftover Turkey Bruschetta Slider with Balsamic Mayonnaise
First of all, you can use leftover whole turkey, smoked turkey breast, or any turkey or chicken that you have.
Additionally, Havarti, provolone, mozzarella, or any mild, creamy cheese will be great on this sandwich. Use your favorite or whatever you have on hand.
- 8 to 10 slices turkey breast
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese or your favorite
- 4 slices tomato, or enough for 4 sandwiches
- 4 basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup lettuce, a salad blend, romaine, or iceberg, use your favorite
- Balsamic Mayo (2 teaspoons balsamic reduction, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and ⅓ cup mayonnaise)
- 4 buns, I used sesame seed buns, use your favorite
- FOR THE BALSAMIC MAYONNAISE
- Mix 2 teaspoons balsamic reduction, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, and ½ cup prepared mayonnaise.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Store remaining in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- FOR THE SANDWICH
- On bottom bun layer turkey and cheese.
- Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Repeat for all sandwiches.
- Bake in 350-degree oven 15 to 20 minutes or until turkey is hot and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, unwrap sandwich and dress with lettuce, tomato, and balsamic mayo.
- Serve immediately.
You may also enjoy these sandwiches