Light Copycat Outback Blooming Onion Dipping Sauce is a creamy mayonnaise based spicy sauce that’s great for dipping, sandwiches, burgers, wraps, and tacos.
I made a few minor changes to my Copycat Outback Blooming Onion Dipping Sauce recipe to make it lighter. As a result, you save a few calories. The flavor, however, is unaffected.
This sauce is much like my Lulu’s Wow Sauce, once you’ve had it you’ll keep a jar made in the fridge. It’s so versatile and kicks up any sandwich or burger you add it to. I also like to dip roasted vegetables or Panko Breaded Cauliflower in it.
- ½ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 3 tablespoon fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and stir until smooth.
- Refrigerate at least 15 minutes before serving.
Light Copycat Outback Blooming Onion Dipping sauce
- First of all, I prefer to use mayonnaise with olive oil instead of light mayonnaise. You can use either.
- Adjust the red pepper to the level of spiciness that you prefer.
- Additionally, adjust the salt also if you’re on a low-salt diet.
- This is a good dip with chips or vegetables. As well, it’s a great spread for sandwiches, wraps, tacos, and burgers.