This post brought to you by Manwich. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Call Me PMc.
Sloppy Joe Stuffed Poblano Peppers is a 30-minute meal that’s easy and inexpensive, oh yeah, and it’s delicious.
You guys know I love a good 30-minute meal! Even those these Sloppy Joe Stuffed Poblano Peppers look impressive, they actually do come together in 30 minutes.
Sloppy Joe Stuffed Poblano Peppers
The part of this recipe that takes the longest is removing the skin from the poblano peppers. I start that process first and by the time the meat is cooked the peppers are ready. If you’re not familiar with poblano peppers, there’s a really thin skin on the outside that must be removed. If you don’t want to worry with it, you can use green, red, yellow or orange bell peppers for this recipe.
How to peel a poblano pepper
- Preheat the oven broiler on high. Position an oven rack about 4 inches from the broiler. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Place the poblanos on a cooking sheet and set under broiler.
- Turn the peppers after 3-4 minutes, once they start to blister and turn black. Keep an eye on the peppers, this happens quickly. Peppers are done when all sides are blackened and blistered.
- Remove peppers from heat and place in a plastic zip-top bag for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Allow peppers to cool enough for you to handle.
- Remove peppers from bag and remove blackened skin.
- Cut each poblano pepper open, from stem to tip and remove seeds, set aside.
A few simple ingredients makes this recipe quick, easy and delicious. It’s an easy weeknight dinner solution, we like to call it Manwich Monday!
Manwich Monday is a great way for you to start your week, with a tasty, easy-to-make family meal around the dinner table! Manwich is a meatless, spicy and hearty sauce with a sweet and tangy taste and it also has the kid-stopping power, as your children will need both hands to enjoy this messy-licious treat, keeping them away from video games or texting! Manwich is a great, easy, quality ingredient that you can use to bring your family’s attention back to mealtime and away from the everyday distractions. It comes in Manwich Original, Manwich Bold and Manwich Thick & Chunky.
I used Manwich Thick & Chunky for this recipe, but you can use any of the three flavors.
If you’ve been a long-time reader, you know I have worked with Manwich before. I have previously developed these recipes Sloppy Joe Wonton Cups, a dip, quesadilla and slider, and One Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta.
Sloppy Joe Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 can Manwich Thick and Chunky
- 1 cup minute rice
- 4 to 6 poblano peppers
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Roast poblano peppers and remove skins (see post for how-to)
- Open peppers with one slice and remove membranes and seeds.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high, brown meat. Drain fat. I used ground turkey and there was no fat to drain.
- Add Manwich sauce and stir. Heat through.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Add rice to meat sauce mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon meat mixture into peppers and top with cheese.
- Cook at 425 in the oven until cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
I’m hosting a “Manwich Mealtime Prize Pack” giveaway, to participate you need to:
- Visit manwich.com/easy-recipes, choose your favorite recipe and comment below with your favorite
- For additional entries, you can follow @Manwich on Twitter, leave your twitter in the comment for tracking purposes
- Live in the U.S.
- Prize Pack will include the following:
- Branded spoon
- Branded reusable tote
- Stainless steel sauce pan
- $50 VISA card (for grocery purchases)
- Three cans of Manwich (one of each variety)