Now you can duplicate those out-of-this-world chicken strips right at home with Copycat Chick-fil-a Chicken Strips recipe.
My copycat Chick-fil-a Chicken Strips have the same tenderness and that unique taste as the restaurant original, but making them homemade will save you tons of money.
Rarely do I cook something that both boys like much less compliment. I think it’s a conspiracy, actually, but they never like the same foods…. until now! Copycat Chick-fil-a Chicken Strips had both of them raving.
I had been seeing Copycat Chick-fil-a Chicken Strips, nuggets and sandwiches all over the internet and have been wanting to try them for a while. With the boys schedules this year, they are so hungry when they get home from school. I practically make a meal for them at that time then dinner a few hours later. That’s when I decided to try out these Copycat Chick-fil-a Chicken Strips. I adapted this recipe slightly from my friend, Joan.
I was a little worried this recipe would let me down and not taste the same as the original. I thought it was spot-on and even both boys agreed. That’s huge! I even have this Copycat Honey Mustard recipe that tastes just like the Chick-fil-a dipping sauce to accompany your strips.
Copycat Chick-fil-a Chicken Strips
- There are a couple of secrets to these Copycat Chick-fil-a Chicken Strips. First, they are brined in dill pickle juice. I know right, that’s totally the big secret!!
- The chicken coating also has a little confectioner’s sugar in it. That’s what gives it that back note of sweetness when you take a bite. It’s not a lot but definitely leaves a slightly sweet taste.
- For that super tender chicken that is such a Chick-fil-a characteristic, I pound the chicken with a flat mallet until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. It swells up when cooked and will be the thickness you want. I like to place the meat in a freezer bag, squeeze the air out and flatten it. Use tongs to remove the chicken. This is the least messy method.
- You can use this same recipe for Chick-fil-a Chicken Sandwiches and Chick-fil-a Chicken Nuggets. For the nuggets use 1 pound of chicken breast and cut them into 2 inch chunks.
Don’t miss another recipe, sign up here for my weekly newsletter and get my latest recipes right in your inbox!
Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Strips recipe. Perfect Recipe Chicken Recipe for lunch or dinner for Kids and adults!
- 1 -1.5 pounds chicken tenders
- 1 cup dill pickle juice the liquid off dill pickles
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon celery powder*
- oil for cooking
- Place the chicken tenders in a freezer zip-top bag, add pickle juice and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Remove from back and pat chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Add egg and milk to a small bowl and beat.
- Add flour, sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, basil, garlic powder, onion powder and celery powder to another bowl.
- Add oil to a large skillet or saute pan to 1/4 in deep. Heat to medium.
- Dredge chicken in egg mixture then in flour mixture.
- Add chicken to hot oil and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
*garlic salt, onion salt and celery salt may be substituted, however you may want to omit the 1/2 teaspoon salt if using these.Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
For me on Pinterest for more recipe ideas!
Follow Paula | CallMePMc.com’s board * Call Me PMc Recipes on Pinterest.