Brain Boosting Super Salad (with Lemon Vinaigrette) is full of superfoods that will make your body and your brain healthy!
BRAIN BOOSTING SUPER SALAD
Avocados, broccoli, and blueberries are specifically listed in the top 10 best foods for your brain and memory. The other ingredients, blackberries, raspberries, plums, and nectarines are also full of vitamins and nutrients.
WHAT IS A SUPERFOOD?
Superfoods are mostly plant-based foods, but also some fish and dairy, that are thought to be nutritionally dense.
What is the best brain food for memory?
- First, fatty fish like salmon, trout, albacore tuna, herring, and sardines. All of these are rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Coffee – Two main components in coffee — caffeine and antioxidants — can help support brain health.
- As well, blueberries and other deeply colored berries deliver anthocyanins, a group of plant compounds with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Turmeric – Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric. It crosses the blood-brain barrier which means it can directly enter the brain and benefit the cells there. Furthermore, it’s a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound.
- Broccoli has powerful plant compounds, including antioxidants. Also, it’s very high in vitamin K, delivering more than 100% of the Recommended Daily Intake in a 1-cup.
- Furthermore, pumpkin seeds contain powerful antioxidants that protect the body and brain from free-radical damage. They’re also an excellent source of magnesium, iron, zinc, and copper
- Dark chocolate and
cocoa powdercontain brain-boosting compounds, including flavonoids, caffeine, and antioxidants.
- Nuts – Several nutrients in nuts, such as healthy fats, antioxidants, and vitamin E, may explain their beneficial effects on brain health.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps fight off the free radicals that can damage brain cells. Plus, vitamin C supports brain health as you age. As well, it may protect against conditions like major depressive disorder, anxiety, schizophrenia, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Finally, eggs are a good source of several nutrients tied to brain health, including vitamins B6 and B12, folate, and choline.
What are the 7 worst foods for your brain?
- Sugary drinks
- Refined carbs
- Foods high in trans fats
- Highly processed foods
- Fish high in mercury
MORE LIKE BRAIN-BOOSTING SUPER SALAD
- Favorite Fruit Salad
- Calendula Tea
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Fruit Salad
- Pina Colada Ambrosia Salad
- Fruit Salad Basket
- Grape Salad
- Best Broccoli Salad
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
Brain Boosting Super Salad (with Lemon Vinaigrette)
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice fresh
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon honey or date syrup
- ½ clove garlic minced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup broccoli
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup blackberries
- 2 medium plum
- 2 medium nectarine
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- Add all the vinaigrette ingredients to a small bowl.
- Whisk until everything is combined. Refrigerate until you're ready to use.
- Wash and dry the fruit just before you make the salad.
- Cut the avocado, nectarines, plums, and broccoli into bite-size pieces and divide them between two bowls.
- Equally, add the remaining ingredients to the bowls.
- Toss with salad dressing just before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftover salad dressing.
You can also find great recipes at my Recipe Box or Weekend Potluck