Buffalo Crawfish Potato Skins are zesty, creamy and cheesy.
Kicking up the popular pub fare, these potato skins are loaded with a spicy crawfish mixture
and topped with crispy bacon and sliced green onions.
Back in the day when I was young, single and carefree, the girls and I would meet for drinks after work. Appetizers turned into dinner and my appetizer-for-dinner was always potato skins! What’s not to like? They’re like big french fries with cheese and bacon! And, like my son says, bacon makes everything better!
Nowadays, I do try to healthy it up a little when we eat out, but I will always prefer several small dishes or appetizers than a big meal. I want just a couple of bites of several different foods.
I had extra crawfish from a Crawfish dip that I made and was trying to think of a fun and unusual way to use it. First, let’s address that statement. Who has extra crawfish? I know, right? It’s a long story, but I did. I had just made some awesome Slow Cooker Buffalo chicken Potato Skins, why not Crawfish Potato Skins?!
So that’s just what I did and I ate them for dinner. Everything is right in the world!
If you like spicy food, you may want to add more red pepper and red pepper flakes. Extra bacon and cheese is always a bonus so feel free to add more of this lusciousness if you so desire.
Buffalo Crawfish Potato Skins
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons green onions chopped plus 1 T green onions for garnish
- 1 cup crawfish tails fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup prepared buffalo wing sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese more if you want to melt some on top
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled
- Bake potatoes. Cut into forths and scoop out all except 1-inch close to the potato skin.
- Brush with canola oil.
- Combine cream cheese, wing sauce, 3 T green onion, salt, black and red pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes. Fold in crawfish. Top potato skins with crawfish mixture then cheddar cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle remaining green onions and bacon over top.
- Serve hot with ranch dressing.
Shrimp Crawfish and Scallop Jambalaya