Packed with rich butterscotch and peanut flavor and fluffy marshmallows, Butterscotch Marshmallow Bars Recipe is an easy, no-bake dessert snack bar.
This is a classic dessert snack bar. It reminds me a lot of Payday candy bars. Coincidently, my favorite growing up!
They are always a crowd-pleaser and great for potlucks, parties, and tailgating since they’re dense and travel well. As well, you can make them in about 5 minutes. (I don’t recommend them if it’s super hot since the butterscotch will melt.)
BUTTERSCOTCH MARSHMALLOW BARS RECIPE
Although these bars are loaded with butterscotch chips, peanut butter, and peanuts they are overly sweet because of the marshmallows. The marshmallows are so great texture to an otherwise dense bar.
There are just six ingredients in this recipe.
- Butterscotch chips. If you think you’re not a butterscotch lover, give these bars a chance. Added to the peanut butter, they’re not overly butterscotch-y. I used these Butterscotch Chips.
- Creamy peanut butter. You can actually add creamy or crunchy peanut butter so go with whatever you have on hand. However, I don’t recommend natural peanut butter. I just love this Simply Jif.
- Butter. Use real butter, not margarine for this recipe.
- Mini marshmallows. You can use traditional minis or rainbow minis.
- Peanuts. I love really salty peanuts in this recipe!
- Cereal. You can add Cheerios, Chex, or Rice Krispies cereal. As well, you can omit the cereal and add another cup of peanuts. Alternately, you can add shredded coconut for the cereal if you prefer.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Healthy No-Bake Carrot Cake Bars
- Brownie Batter Protein Balls
- Healthy Oatmeal Date Breakfast Cookies
- Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oats
- Homemade Larabar Bites
- French Quarter Praline Spread
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried these cookies? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
Butterscotch Marshmallow Bars Recipe
- Remove from the heat and fold in peanuts, cereal, and marshmallows. Gently fold until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan spread to evenly.
- Cool completely before cutting. You can put the pan in the refrigerate to speed the cooling process. Don't cover until the bars are cooled completely. Cut into bars.
- Store either on the counter or in the refrigerator in an airtight container.