Cereal Crunch Cookies are a perennial favorite with a crispy and crunchy texture. This is everything you ever wanted in a cookie.
I love Spring, it’s always been my favorite season. Part of the reason is it starts getting warmer and flowers start popping up. But, the main reason I love Spring is that my birthday is in the Spring and my anniversary is in the Spring. Basically, I got gifts every month during this time of year.
Until my youngest son was born! He stole my thunder! His birthday is 6 days before my birthday, he totally gets all the attention. It’s okay though I really don’t mind. I enjoy making his day special. This year I’m particularly looking forward to spoiling him. You see, he broke his arm a few weeks ago. He’s getting the cast off the day before his birthday so we have extra reasons to celebrate!
I know most children get cakes for their birthdays. But, I have been making cookies with my boys since my oldest could stand. They really enjoy helping make cookies and, of course, eating them. I previously made Almond Crunch Cookies with a crunchy cereal in it. I love to add fun ingredients, such as pretzels and cereal to cookies.
The crispy cereal adds a really fun, not to mention tasty, element to these cookies. I used the Morning Energy Cinnamon Crunch flavor of Honey Bunches of Oats. Although it’s a cinnamon-flavored cereal, it doesn’t give the cookies an overly strong cinnamon flavor. Then I added chocolate-covered candies to bump up the wow factor even more. I placed the candies on top of the cookies for festive Easter-ish-looking cookies. When you make them feel free to stir the candies into the mix if you’d like. You may also substitute chocolate chips for chocolate candies if you prefer.
Cereal Crunch Cookies
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 1 and ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Post Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
- *optional- candy coated chocolate pieces
- Mix flour, baking flour, baking soda, salt, and oats together.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture and beat until well blended.
- By hand, stir in cereal.
- Using a spring-release scoop, form dough into even size balls.
- Place dough balls on waxed paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place dough balls on cookie sheet.
- If you choose to add the candy-coated chocolates, place them on the top now.
- Bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove and allow to cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.