Easy Pasta Salad is filling and delicious along with being super simple to make! This is a terrific homemade recipe, and it makes a great picnic or potluck dish.
I often refer to this recipe as ‘clean out the fridge’ pasta salad because you can put any vegetable, deli meat, or pickled vegetable you want to in it.
Easy Pasta Salad
I love pasta salad, but not the kind all dripping with mayonnaise. I like them oil-based. I’ve tried many different spice combinations, and find that there is none I like better than the McCormick Salad Seasoning blend. This recipe is a great side during the hot weather. You could easily add grilled chicken for a main dish.
How long is pasta salad good for in the fridge?
If you make this pasta salad using veggies that are ready to expire, it’s best to eat it as quickly as possible. I recommend serving it the same day you make it, and keep any leftovers in the fridge for no more than 2 days.
But, if you make the pasta salad with Italian dressing and fresh produce, it will stay good in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
Recipe Tips for the Best Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing
- Cook the pasta to al dente. This way, it won’t be too mushy. Just undercook it by a minute or two from what the instructions on the box call for.
- Wait to add any fresh veggies. If you make the pasta salad ahead of time, wait to drain the corn and black beans, and add them with the chopped tomatoes just before serving.
Other Recipes to Check Out
- Spicy Italian Nachos
- Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
- 3 Cheese Pimento Cheese
- Bourbon Honey Steak Tips
- Ground Beef Mongolian Noodles
If you’ve tried this recipe, consider giving it a 5-star rating below!
Easy Pasta Salad
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 lb pasta boiled and drained, I like using fun shapes but any will do
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing seasoning Good Seasons mixed according to package
- ¼ cup yellow bell pepper diced small
- ¼ cup red bell pepper diced small
- 2 Tablespoons jalapeno pepper diced small
- 2 Tablespoons green onions green part only, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons McCormick Salad Supreme seasoning
- ½ cup shoe peg corn drained (or your favorite vegetable)
- ½ cup black beans drained (or your favorite vegetable)
- ½ cup tomatoes diced (or your favorite vegetable)
- Boil pasta and drain. Mix together Italian dressing according to package instructions using good olive oil.
- Mix pasta, peppers, onions, corn, and black beans. Stir in Salad Supreme seasoning and Italian dressing.
- Allow this to sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Stir in tomatoes just before serving. I like to serve in a Romaine lettuce leaf.