A traditional, delicious pound cake spiked with orange marmalade is super easy to make. Grannys Orange Marmalade Pound Cake is simple and elegant with a deliciously sticky glaze! This pound cake is sweet, dense and fabulous!
For more scrumptious recipes, fun projects, and exciting news subscribe to Call Me PMc
Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest
GRANNYS ORANGE MARMALADE POUND CAKE
Once I started my series of reviewing and sharing pound cake recipes, I made a list of pound cake recipes that I want to share with you. I have already shared many pound cake recipes and you can get them all here. Grannys Orange Marmalade Pound Cake recipe has been on it for a while. I wish I could just make pound cakes, cobblers, and desserts, but can you believe my family wants ‘real’ food sometimes? The nerve!😉
I’ve made Orange Pound Cakes previously, but not using orange marmalade. The orange marmalade made the cake slightly sweeter and gave it a stronger orange punch than the others. I found the flavor to be really appealing.
Check out these orange pound cake recipes
- Scratch-made Orange Zest Pound Cake with Orange Curd
- Orange Bundt Cake
- Old Fashioned Buttermilk Orange Juice Pound Cake
This pound cake has the small crumb, buttery, and tender texture of a classic pound cake. As well, it has what everyone wants that crusty on the outside. The best!!
For the photos, I added the glaze to the top of this pound cake. However, if you want to keep the top crust, I recommend adding the glaze to each piece of cake just before serving.
I’m a fan of pound cake served plain, fresh, and warm from the oven. However, I think Grannys Orange Marmalade Pound Cake is best accompanied with a big dollop of freshly whipped cream!
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST ORANGE MARMALADE POUND CAKE
- I wrote a very detailed post on How to Bake the Perfect Pound Cake. I recommend you hop over and read it.
- As well, all the tips aren’t going to help if you’re oven is not calibrated. Read How to Calibrate your Oven here.
What pan should I bake my pound cake in?
Most of my pound cake recipes are too large for a standard bundt pan. I recommend this Wilton tube pan,this Fat Daddio’s tube pan or this bundt pan that is larger than most.
Using a light versus a dark pan as well as sitting it on a cookie sheet (which I do) to bake will affect the baking time. For my cakes, I bake in a light pan on a round cookie sheet.
Keep an eye on your cake and start watching it closely after 60 minutes the first time you bake it. Note exactly what you used and how long you baked it for future reference.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO Call Me Pmc Newsletter FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX! You may also want to join my Facebook Group, Call Me Pmc- Easy Recipes.
More yummy pound cake
Can I freeze my pound cake?
Yes. You can freeze a pound cake. Wrap it tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap. You can store airtight in the freezer for 4 to 6 months.
Finally, please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Grannys Orange Marmalade Pound Cake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter no substitutes, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 6 ounces cream cheese full fat, at room temperature
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 3 cup all-purpose flour sifted and measured correctly
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange zest optional, makes a brighter orange flavor
- 2 teaspoons orange extract vanilla or almond can be substituted
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur water, simple syrup, rum, or orange juice can be used
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, shortening, and sugar, until smooth and fluffy. Add the cream cheese and mix until combined and smooth. Stop mixer and scrap the sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time. Mix until the yellow disappears into the batter before adding the next egg. Stop mixer and scrap the sides of the bowl.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add flour, orange marmalade, orange zest, and orange extract. Scrap sides and bottom of the bowl and mix until just combined. You don't want to over mix the batter once you add the flour.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake 75 minutes or until the top is brown and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes before loosening sides and inverting onto serving platter.
- You can make the glaze now or wait until you're ready to serve. To make the glaze, warm orange marmalade in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds. This makes it easier to stir. Add the liquid and whisk or stir until combined. Spoon over entire cake or over each piece when serving.
- Store cake in an airtight container 3 to 4 days on the countertop or 7 days in the refrigerator.
You can also find great recipes here or at Meal Plan Monday or Weekend Potluck
My daughter said this is the best pound cake I’ve ever made and I’ve made a lot. Thank you for the recipe.
So unique and completely amazing. Your pound cake recipes are delish!
Wow, this is a cake I’ll be making over and over again. Sweet, and with a great orange flavor.
I love the way you have photographed the cake, it looks so moist and delicous.
This would be so hard to resist! Looks so yummy!
OMG, will I be making this? YAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! And, you’re right, no sub for butter (and love that you’re using Crisco too…my late MIL did in her lemon pound cake and it was divine!). Thank you!
Dorothy Reinhold says
Just when I thought I couldn’t love pound cake more… That orange marmalade is screaming my name!
alice KOVACH says
I love your pound cakes but I need a sugar substitute. Do suggest any as I am prediabetic but need my pound cakes!!!