Hot Milk Cake with Fudge Icing is a tender, fluffy, and moist vanilla cake much like a sponge cake. It’s made with scalded (or hot) milk and is very simple to make and not overly sweet.
It’s wonderful cake to enjoy plain or served with fresh fruit. However, if you like sweeter desserts add chocolate or your favorite frosting.
Hot Milk Cake with Fudge Icing
Hot Milk Cake is a classic cake recipe that everyone should have the recipe for. Part of the charm of Hot Milk Cake is it has basic ingredients and is simple to make.
Furthermore, being flavored with basic
I have two chocolate frosting recipes that I enjoy. One is this Chocolate Frosting with Cocoa Powder and Powdered Sugar and the other is Chocolate Decorator Frosting. I use Chocolate Frosting with Cocoa Powder and Powdered Sugar today.
Ingredients for your hot milk cake and fudge frosting
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
- Whole milk
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Kosher salt
- Large eggs AT room temperature
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- 1 recipe of chocolate frosting.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13×9 pan.
- Heat milk and
butterin a small pan until the butteris melted.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl of your electric mixer. Beat the eggs on high speed until they are thick and light yellow. Gradually add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the vanilla.
- Turn the mixer to slow speed and slowly add the flour mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk and melted
butter, mix until just combined. Don’t overmix after you’ve add the flour.
- Pour the batter into your greased cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes back clean or with dry crumbs. Cool on a wire rack.
- When the cake is almost cool, you can begin making the frosting, get the Chocolate Frosting recipe here. Spread and smooth it over the the cake.
You can cook your hot milk cake in a 9×13-inch cake pan, a bundt pan, or in layers.
- For 9×13-inch cake pan bake it for 25 to 30 minutes.
- For a 12-cup bundt pan, start checking for doneness at 40 minutes. It may take up to 55 minutes.
- Two 8-inch round cake layers will take from 27 to 35 minutes to cook.
How to store your hot milk cake
If you left the cake unfrosted, store your hot milk cake in an airtight container on the countertop. It can be left at room temperature for a day or two. If you frost it, refrigerate your cake. It will stay fresh for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
You can also freeze hot milk cake either as a whole or cut into squares. Either way, wrap it with plastic wrap, then with foil. It will keep 8 weeks in airtight wrap in the freezer.
Allow the cake to thaw at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes before serving.
Hot Milk Cake with Fudge Icing
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 2 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt, whisk to combine.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Allow the cake to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once the cake is almost completely cooled. Start making the chocolate frosting. !
- Spread the icing over the top of the cake. Serve and enjoy.