Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Stack packs a tasty punch for breakfast. Hearty and filling, this classic Mexican feast is kicked up with non-traditional ingredients. Want. Need. Love!
Saturdays are the only day we really get to cook and eat breakfast as a family. For that reason we like to make a big breakfast. I plan my long run each week to fall on Saturday so that I can enjoy a few extra calories without feeling guilty. Everyone is happy!
Even on a non-busy Saturday, I don’t want to spend a long time in the kitchen cooking breakfast. I used a packaged hashbrown potato as a starter for my Huevos Rancheros. They’re a quick solution for speedy recipes and requires no peeling and shredding. I like to keep a bag on hand for our Saturday breakfasts and when we have brinner during the week. They’re so versatile, you’ll find yourself reaching for this time after time.
I layered ham, black beans, eggs, avocados, and tomatoes onto my Huevos Rancheros. Even though there are several ingredients, this recipe is not difficult or time-consuming.
- 1/2 cup ham* diced
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes diced potatoes with onions
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 tablespoon green pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper diced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 salt or to taste
- 4 corn tortillas
- 6 tablespoon vegetable oil divided (you will need 2 T for potato mixture, 2 T for tortillas & 2 T for frying eggs)
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon green onion diced
- 2 tablespoon sriracha skinny srirachs or enchilada sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When pan is hot, add 2 tablespoon oil.
- When oil is hot, add add Simply Potatoes in an even layer and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in ham, black beans, green and red peppers, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat another large flat skillet or saute' pan to medium high.
- Brush corn tortillas with remaining 2 tablespoon oil, place tortillas in pan and toast until each side until browned and crisp. Transfer to a platter.
- Add 2 tablespoon vegetable oil to pan, when hot cook eggs to desired doneness.
- To serve, place one tortilla on plate, top wth 1/4 of the potato mixture, another tortilla, another 1/4 of mixture and egg on top. Garnish with avocado slices, green onions and tomato. Serve with srirach, skinny srirach sauce or enchilada sauce
Recipe makes 2 large double stack servings. *If desired, substitute the ham with diced cooked chicken, turkey or sausage.You may also add 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese to mixture if desired.Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, Paula
Hungry for more?
(click picture for recipe)
Follow Call Me PMc Pinterest
Visit Paula @ CallMePMc.com’s profile on Pinterest.