Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Stack packs a tasty punch for breakfast. Hearty and filling, this classic Mexican feast is kicked up with non-traditional ingredients. Want. Need. Love!
Saturdays are the only day we really get to cook and eat breakfast as a family. For that reason, we like to make a big breakfast. I plan my long run each week to fall on Saturday so that I can enjoy a few extra calories without feeling guilty. Everyone is happy!
Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Stack
Even on a non-busy Saturday, I don’t want to spend a long time in the kitchen cooking breakfast. I used a packaged hashbrown potato as a starter for my Huevos Rancheros. They’re a quick solution for speedy recipes and require no peeling and shredding. I like to keep a bag on hand for our Saturday breakfasts and when we have ‘brinner’ (breakfast for dinner) during the week. They’re so versatile, you’ll find yourself reaching for this time after time.
I layered ham, black beans, eggs, avocados, and tomatoes onto my Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Stack. Even though there are several ingredients, this recipe is not difficult or time-consuming.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Breakfast Casserole
- One Pan Best Damn Jalapeno Popper Hash Brown Casserole
- Bacon Jalapeno Popper Cheesy Bread
- Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe
- Panera Bread Ham and Swiss Souffle
- Black and Blue Salad
- 9 Wholesome Meals under 600 Calories
Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Stack
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- ½ cup ham* diced
- 2 cups diced potatoes with onions refrigerated or frozen, hashbrowns will work too
- ½ cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon green pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper diced
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas
- 6 tablespoon vegetable oil divided (you will need 2 T for potato mixture, 2 T for tortillas & 2 T for frying eggs)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium avocado sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon green onion diced
- 2 tablespoon sriracha skinny srirachs or enchilada sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When pan is hot, add 2 tablespoon oil.
- When oil is hot, add add Simply Potatoes in an even layer and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in ham, black beans, green and red peppers, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat another large flat skillet or saute' pan to medium high.
- Brush corn tortillas with remaining 2 tablespoon oil, place tortillas in pan and toast until each side until browned and crisp. Transfer to a platter.
- Add 2 tablespoon vegetable oil to pan, when hot cook eggs to desired doneness.
- To serve, place one tortilla on plate, top wth 1/4 of the potato mixture, another tortilla, another 1/4 of mixture and egg on top. Garnish with avocado slices, green onions and tomato. Serve with srirach, skinny srirach sauce or enchilada sauce
- Recipe makes 2 large double stack servings.
- *If desired, substitute the ham with diced cooked chicken, turkey, or sausage.
- You may also add 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese to the mixture if desired.