Caramel Apple Pecan Bars are robust in fall flavors. They’re rich, dense, and soft. You’ll love the fudgy-brownie-like texture, the chewy apples and crunchy pecans, but above all, you’ll love how simple these bars are to make!
Although it’s still hot out, I have felt a little ‘fall’ in the air a couple of mornings on my run. What a relief! I really enjoy running much more in the cool fall air. I also love more than that about fall. I love football! And, I love warm cinnamony fall-flavored desserts.
That’s why I made this crazy, easy Caramel Apple Pecan Bars. If you’re not making and eating them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, well, you’re just not living! Seriously, they’re that good and totally worth
skipping your meal for dessert running an extra mile!
I can’t even tell you how easy these are to make. In fact, I got them in the oven between the time I got home with the boys from school (3:34) and when I had to take Lincoln to golf practice (3:49) No lie!
Not only are they realllllly easy to make, they are divine tasting! They are dense and spicy, much like a fudgy brownie. That’s it, they taste like the fall-caramel-apple-cinnamon-spice brownie… with fresh apples on top, that makes it totally healthy, right?
I’m going with that!
I realize starting with a cake mix is a ‘no no’ for some people, but I embrace any and all shortcuts.
To make these soft, chewy and gooey bars you’ll simply mix the cake mix with butter and an egg. Press that thick mixture into your baking dish. The rest of this easy recipe is simply layering the remaining ingredients on top and baking.
I told it was easy, right?
Caramel Apple Pecan Bars
- 1 16.5 ounce spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 Granny Smith apples cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup pecans chopped
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven, 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9x13 inch cake pan with non-stick spray.
- Press into 9x13 inch pan.
- Peel and chop apples.
- Toss chopped apples with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle apples over cake batter.
- Top apples with pecans.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over apples.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cool before cutting into squares.