Lime Crema for Tacos is a versatile sauce for fish and shrimp tacos. Made with Greek yogurt makes the sauce light and bright.
It’s a great addition to Mexican and tortilla soups. This Lime Crema will cool down any spicy dish.
By substituting Greek yogurt for sour cream, you save on calories, saturated fat, and sodium. As well, you get a healthy amount of protein. As far as flavor goes, it has a similar flavor and texture as sour cream.
- I made this recipe for my Caribbean Jamaican Jerk Fish Tacos, but you can put it on any of my fish taco recipes, Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa, Fish Tacos with Mango Coconut Lime Salsa, and Fish Tacos.
- This cream is also great on wraps, tortilla soup or chili.
- Also, I used Greek yogurt, but you can use sour cream.
- As well, I don’t recommend using bottled lime juice. It tastes much better with fresh.
Lime Crema for Tacos
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Allow to sit in refrigerator 1 hour before using.
- Store in an airtight container up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Heather Cox says
That looks like a piece of my pottery!
I got this locally at Midnite Pottery. What’s your pottery? Do you have a site or FB page that I can look?
Walle Earles says
Lime crema for tacos. The recipe doesn’t match the pictures nor the recipe name. What happened? It talks about Greek yogurt or sour cream but the recipe contains a whole pineapple and jalapenos.
oh my goodness, I got 2 recipes mixed up. Corrected now. Thank you!
I just don’t get it, sorry. The recipe says “Also, I used Greek yogurt, but you can use sour cream” but I can see nothing in the recipe. I’d be grateful if you’d advise the amount, and when it’s added? Thank you
So sorry, Autumn, I had the incorrect recipe listed. it’s corrected now.