Orange Mojito Recipe a refreshing twist on the classic mojito, you’ll want to make this orange mojito immediately!
Let’s get on to the weekend, shall we!? I know I’ve said it before, but May is a busy month. By Friday all I want to do is get rid of the kids and have cocktails.
That’s where the weekend comes in. Weekends are for doing nothing…
Here’s wishing you and me a do-nothing-fantastic weekend! Enjoy this Orange Mojito this weekend – Bottoms up!
ORANGE MOJITO RECIPE
This is the ultimate summer cocktail because it’s easy, fun, tasty, and it looks like sunshine!
The classic mojito consists of white rum, sugar cane juice, mint, lime juice, and soda water. There are different stories about the exact origination of the mojito, but the common denominators are that it started in the Caribbean where sugar cane, rum, and mint are plentiful.
With that said, if you don’t like rum you can substitute vodka, tequila, or gin. No, it won’t be classic but does it really matter if you enjoy it?
HOW TO MAKE AN ORANGE MOJITO RECIPE
- First, muddle ice, mint leaves, 1/2 lime cut into wedges, and three orange wedges in a tall glass.
- Add the rum, orange liqueur, and simple syrup.
- Shake or stir.
- Fill glass with ice and top off with club soda.
- Stir and garnish with a beautiful sprig of mint.
TOOLS FOR THIS COCKTAIL
YOU’LL ENJOY THESE COCKTAILS TOO!
- Spiked Pineapple Lemonade
- Classic Mojito
- Gin Spiked Cucumber Lemonade
- Sunset Margarita
- 9 Margaritas to Make Now
- Pickle Martini
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Have you tried this recipe? Consider giving it a 5-star rating!
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 5 medium orange slices
- 8 medium mint leaves torn
- 4 ounces light rum
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon simple syrup
- ½ ounce orange liqueur
- 1 ounce club soda
- mint sprig for garnish
- In a shaker, muddle orange slices, mint and 3 cubes of ice. Add rum, lime juice, simple syrup, and orange liqueur.
- Shake well. Strain into a glass filled with ice. Top with club soda and garnish with a mint sprig.