PB&J Smoothie Bowl Recipe is a hearty and nutritious breakfast, snack, or after workout fuel. It may be healthy but it sure taste decadent!
It’s full of frozen strawberries, jam, peanut
PB&J Smoothie Bowl Recipe
The convenience of smoothies and the classic appeal of a PB&J, this twist on the timeless peanut
A Smoothie Bowl Breakfast Bar is a easy and healthy way to serve breakfast to a few or a crowd. It’s so easily adaptable for dietitary restrictions. When planning it be sure to include the ingredients for Mermaid Smoothie Bowl, Acia Smoothie Bowl, Spinach Berry Smoothie, and Chocolate Expresso Smoothie.
Butter and Jelly Smoothie Bowl Ingredients
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
- Frozen strawberries. Frozen berries work best for this recipe.
- Vanilla or plain Greek yogurt. You can use low-fat or no-fat Greek yogurt or traditional yogurt. However, Greek yogurt has more protein.
- Strawberry jam. Low sugar or no-sugar is okay to use.
- Milk or Almond milk. You can really use any milk you want: soy, cashew, almond, 1%, 2%, whole, etc
- Creamy peanut
butter. If you use natural, you may need to add more milk to make it creamy.
- 1 or 2 scoops protein powder. This ingredient is optional. Vanilla or plain (unflavored) will work best with the above ingredients.
Substitutions and options for PB&J Smoothie Bowl
If strawberries aren’t your thing, you can use any fruit and jam. Plus, they don’t need to be the same. Try frozen blueberries with peach or raspberry jam.
As well, you can use almond
Furthermore, you can leave it plain or add toppings which are really fun. Some suggestions to try as toppings are
- Toasted coconut
- Date syrup or more jam or jelly
- Raisins or dried cranberries
- Poppyseeds, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds
- Chocolate chips
Give Spirulina Smoothie a try too. It’s nutritious and delicious.
Essentials to have for smoothie bowls
It’s easier to eat healthy when you have healthy ingredients on hand. For me, fueling my day with a healthy breakfast makes me feel better, work better, and eat better the rest of the day. This is just a short list of ingredients to make different smoothies.
- Frozen fruit. I always have frozen bananas and mangos in the freezer. You’ll want to read How to Freeze Bananas for a Smoothie. Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries make great smoothies.
- Also stock up on vegetables (I buy in bulk when fruits and vegetables are on sale and in season at the farmers’ market and freeze them.) However, I prefer fresh spinach and kale so I get it fresh each week.
- Honey, agave, and dates for sweetening if needed.
- Greek yogurt has more protein so I keep it on hand. It’s also great with granola and cereal.
- I also keep Almond milk. Keep whatever milk you drink on hand. You can freeze milk in ice cube trays for smoothies and smoothie bowls. (Don’t freeze milk in glass.)
- Nuts, seeds, nut butters (peanut, almond, cashew) and protein powder are all good to keep on hand for smoothies.
- I highly recommend a Nutri Bullet for making your smoothie bowls. It’s a beast. I never reach for my blender anymore.
PB&J Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 2 cups milk or almond milk, cashew milk
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup strawberry jam or low sugar, no sugar
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt or plain
- 2 cups strawberries frozen
- 1 to 2 scoops vanilla or plain protein powder optional
- Place all of the ingredients EXCEPT the protein powder into the blender in the order recommended by the manufacturer of your blender. Typically, liquids go into the blender first but check the manufacturer’s instructions to be sure.
- Process on high until well blended. In the last few seconds of blending, add the protein powder if using.
- Divide equally into two bowls or cups garnish with sliced strawberries and peanut butter if desired.