Tender and moist, Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake is simply divine! It’s incredibly simple to prepare and requires no waiting for yeast to activate and dough to rise. You’ll be enjoying this dessert in less than an hour!
Raise your hand if you like pumpkin! Cinnamon? All the warm fall flavors?
I modeled this recipe after one of my all-time favorite, drool-worthy dessert recipes, the Honey Bun Cake. I wanted a fall-ish flavor though and decided pumpkin would be perfect. It was.
This is a dessert every pumpkin lover should try!
I popped this Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake in the oven to bake as I prepared a sandwich. Both items were for tailgating. I needed everything to be quick and easy
since I procrastinated making them the day before.
The beauty of this cake it that it starts with a cake mix. It’s a fun alternative to traditional cinnamon rolls.
I wish I had added pecan between the pumpkin layer and the cinnamon layer, but that just gives me an excuse to make it again.
Everything you love about cinnamon rolls is in the cake. All the good – the gooey cinnamon, the luscious icing and none of the bad the waiting and the more waiting.
I’m not scared to admit, I’m a cinnamon roll junkie.
I big puffy heart this cake I hope you do too!!
- 1 18.5 ounce box yellow cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoon ground cinamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 and 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray a 9x13 inch cake pan with non-stick spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.Cake
- With an electric mixer, combine cake mix, eggs and pumpkin. Whisk until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour half the mixture into prepared pan.
- To remaining batter, add 1 cup brown sugar and cinnamon. Beat until well combined.
- Pour evenly over pumpkin cake batter and smooth flat.
- Bake for 30 to 32 minutes at 350 degrees. Test center with a wooden pick.Glaze
- Whisk cream, extract and sugar until smooth. Pour evenly over cooled cake.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, Paula
Hungry for more?