20 Minute Pork Chop Rice One Pot Recipe is an economical and healthy meal; tasty pork chops and rice are bathed in a rich sauce your family will love.
Friends often make the assumption that because I like to cook that I want to cook and have time to cook every meal. In reality, I’m just like you, I struggle with juggling work and family activities. Granted, I can throw a dessert together in minutes. However, satisfying my sweet tooth is much easier than satisfying three food critic boys!
So how do I put a home-cooked meal on the table during busy weeknights? The trick is short cut products like Success® Rice. Success® Rice is the original boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in 10 minutes. The Brown Rice I used is 100% whole grain and gluten-free. There are 3 other varieties available: Success® White Rice, Success® Rice Thai Jasmine or Success® Rice Basmati.
The secret to my 20-minute meal is I cook everything in one pot. Quick cooking and quick clean-up. I actually take the rice out of the bag, it’s all good, it’s still conveniently premeasured cutting down on prep time for me. Success® Rice is one of the items I keep in my pantry, it’s available in 14 ounces and 32-ounce sizes so it easily accommodates different size families. You’ll find 1,001 different ways to use it and will always have it in stock.
Did you know when your heating a pan, you first need to heat the pan without fat in it? The process is heat the pan, then add the fat, in this case, oil, then allow the oil to heat and ripple before adding your protein. This reduces the chances of burning the oil.
A mouth-watering and satisfying meal ready in less than 30 minutes. Your family will love this hearty 20 Minute Pork Chop Rice One Pot Recipe and you'll enjoy the short prep time and easy clean-up.
- 4 thin cut pork chops about 1 and 1/2 pounds total
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 10.5-ounce can french onion soup
- 1 6-ounce can mushroom steak sauce* (substitute if needed > French onion soup or canned au jus gravy)
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- 1 pouch Boil in the bag Minute rice regular or whole grain
- Heat pan to medium high
- Season both sides of pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- When pan is hot, add oil
- When oil is hot, add pork chops
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes, depending on thickness, on each side.
- Remove pork chops from pan. (You will add them back in a few minutes.)
- Remove the uncooked rice from bag and toast in the pan in drippings for 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add french onion soup, mushroom steak sauce and water to pan with rice.
- Stir and remove and rice that may have stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a low boil.
- Cook uncovered 16 to 18 minutes or until rice is done.
- Add pork chops back into pan and heat through.
- Taste and add 1/4 teaspoon salt if necessary.
The pork chops may splatter grease when cooking at a high temperature. Cover the pan with a splatter guard and don't allow children in area while searing pork chops. You can use Success® White Rice and Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice in this recipe.The cooked rice can sit up to 30 minutes making this a foolproof and worry-free dish.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf Success® Rice.
Also try Success Rice with