Caesar Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe, a new twist on an old favorite, tastes simply amazing! This side dish is simple, light, and spectacularly delicious.
CAESAR ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS RECIPE
This recipe is modeled after a classic Caesar Salad. However, instead of Romaine, I used roasted Brussels sprouts.
WHY IS IT CALLED CAESAR?
Caesar salad isn’t actually named after Julius Caesar. However, it is named after a man. Apparently, Caesar Cardini developed the salad in Tijuana in 1924. He called it Aviator’s salad. It became so popular they started calling it Caesar Salad.
HOW TO MAKE CAESAR BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Preparing this side dish is very simple. It has three components to make and assemble. You have to roast the Brussels Sprouts, make the dressing, and put it together.
First, I halved the brussels sprouts and roasted them until brown and crispy. They have a delicious caramelized flavor for the base of the salad.
I finished this Brussels Sprouts salad with Parmesan, capers, and breadcrumbs.
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Miso paste – Miso paste is a thick paste that is deeply savory, with toasty, salty-sweet richness. You can purchase Miso Paste here. If you don’t have miso paste and don’t want to buy any, you can substitute soy sauce. Soy sauce will give you the salty flavor, but not the creamy texture that miso offers.
- Parmesan cheese – I highly recommend using real Parmesan cheese not the powdery kind in the jar.
- Capers – Capers give a burst of flavor to this recipe. You can omit them if you prefer.
- Whole-grain mustard – You can sub stone-ground mustard for whole-grain mustard. (But don’t use the yellow mustard.)
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Hot Honey Brussels Sprouts
- Caramelized Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- Kentucky Bourbon Braised Brussels Sprouts
- Toasted Pecan Brie Brussels Sprout Bites
- Roasted Winter Vegetable and Pesto Quinoa Bowl
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken, Butternut Squash, Brussels, and Carrots
- Parmesan Roasted Cabbage with Pine Nuts
- Panko Crusted Broccoli
- Pomegranate Avocado and Pine Nut Roasted Broccoli Salad
I calculated the nutritional information using online tools. Furthermore, information can vary depending on various factors, but I have endeavored to be as accurate as possible.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5 rating and comment.
Caesar Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese dairy-free if vegan - I like Violife
- 2 tablespoons capers like these
- ¼ cup toasted breadcrumbs gluten-free if desired
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a small food processor, blend together the dressing ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the Brussels sprout halves cut side down in a single layer on a sheet pan. Transfer to the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until the sprouts are slightly charred and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and add the sprouts to the bowl with the dressing, toss to combine. Arrange the sprouts on a serving platter and top with parmesan, capers, and toasted bread crumbs.
- Serve immediately.
You can also find great recipes here or Weekend Potluck