Country Club Sandwich recipe kicks up the traditional deli sandwich with fresh, wholesome, and minimally processed ingredients. When you have little time to make dinner you can easily layer roasted turkey breast, cheese, boiled eggs, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber over sourdough bread and any number of spreads.
Sandwiches are popular because they’re so easy. Most restaurants offer one variety of a sandwich or another. A club sandwich is iconic and probably the most recognizable of all sandwiches with its signature three slices of bread.
COUNTRY CLUB SANDWICH RECIPE
Sandwiches are so easy and versatile. I almost always keep ingredients on hand for a quick meal in minutes. As well, it’s a good way to sneak in a few more veggies into your diet.
For this version of a club sandwich, I used fresh turkey breast, boiled eggs, Romain lettuce, sliced vine-ripe tomatoes, cucumbers, and thinly sliced provolone cheese. Typically, you’ll find mayo on club sandwiches, but I enjoy this Zesty Mayo over the plain.
Personally, making it triple-decker style with the extra piece of bread in the middle makes the sandwich sturdier. As well, it doesn’t allow for all the filling to squish out when you take a bite. You can totally leave it out if you prefer.
Additionally, you may want to add avocado, bacon, fried (instead of boiled) egg, chicken, roast beef, bell peppers, or spinach.
Traditionally, three pieced of sliced white bread are used for a club sandwich. You can use your favorite whether it is white, whole wheat, sourdough, rye, or pumpernickel.
MORE SANDWICH YOU’LL LOVE!
- Sweet Tea Brined Chicken Cheddar Sandwich
- Brie & Fig Grilled Cheese
- Blackberry Bacon Grilled Cheese
- Egg in a Hole Grilled Cheese
- Rachel Sandwich
- Boy Scout Campout Bacon Hash Brown Breakfast Sandwich
- Muffuletta Sandwich
I updated this post from an earlier version dated June 24, 2012 I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
COUNTRY CLUB SANDWICH RECIPE
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 3 slices sourdough bread or your favorite bread
- 1 - 3 thin slices turkey breast mesquite-grilled
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1 large egg boiled then sliced or fried
- ½ small cucumber sliced thinly
- 1 small Roma tomato
- 2 slices lettuce
- 2 slices bacon cooked and cut in half, optional
- Easy Remoulade Sauce homemade recipe here
- Toast bun and fry an egg.
- Spread Remoulade sauce on toasted bun.
- On the bottom bun, layer turkey, ham, bacon, then egg, cheese, tomato, and lettuce.
- Replace the top bun and serve.
You can also find great recipes here or Weekend Potluck