Red Velvet Cake Batter Ice Cream Recipe – your favorite red velvet cake is swirled with no churn vanilla ice cream in this dessert recipe.
Because I’m a little Red Velvet crazy, I decided to try making a Red Velvet Cake Batter Ice Cream Recipe. I made this recipe last year and it was crazy popular. Actually, it was the most popular post on callmepmc.com and has almost 200K pins. (yay!) With good reason, it’s super easy to make and super tasty.
I tweaked the recipe and Red Velvet Cake Batter Ice Cream Recipe is even better than my original inspiration.
Red Velvet Cake Batter Ice Cream Recipe
I make the Red Velvet Cake for this recipe with a cake mix. If you prefer making it from scratch, knock yourself out. It’ll be fantastic.
I made the whipping cream from scratch using heavy cream. Whipped cream dresses up and makes every dessert better. It’s so worth the few minutes it takes to make it from scratch. You can substitute frozen whipped cream if you want.
This Red Velvet Cake Batter Ice Cream Recipe is sweet and definitely a treat. Make it for your sweetie for Valentine’s Day. They beautiful red color makes it the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert.
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake prepared according to package directions
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Make cake according to package directions. Cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add heavy whipping cream. Beat with whisk attachment until fluffy and 'stiff peak' stage.
- Break or cut cake into cubes.
- Fold sweetened condensed milk into whipped cream, carefully.
- Fold in cake cubes.
- Seal in an airtight bowl and freeze until solid, depending on your freezer from 2 to 4 hours.
I did not add sugar to the heavy whipping cream. There is enough sweetness in the sweetened condensed milk.You can use your favorite Red Velvet Cake recipe, if you prefer to make the cake from scratch.You can substitute 16 ounces frozen cool whip for the Whipped Cream if you prefer
Need more ice cream?
I hope you’ll try my Red Velvet Cake Batter Ice Cream Recipe!