Good For You Triple Chocolate Brownies are rich, dense and decadent, and the best part is they don’t taste like diet food!
I made you Good For You Triple Chocolate Brownies!! Okay, I really made them for my dessert cravings, but you benefit from it.
Like most everyone else, Wesley and I have been trying to eat healthier this year. As an added incentive, Charity Ball is the first week of February and I really need to fit in my dress! And by ‘fit’ I don’t mean like a sausage in the casing!
It’s black sequins. I just love it so I really need to not look like a hot mess in it.
Enter Healthy Eating.
My rule is 80/20 where I eat healthy 80% of the time and splurge the other 20%. My splurge is not eating an extra helping; my splurge will always be having a dessert or three.
Imagine how delighted I was to find this Good For You Triple Chocolate Brownies.AllWhites Egg Whites and applesauce is substituted making the overall fat and calories lower in this dessert. However, you seriously won’t miss it. They taste like a ‘normal’ brownie.
AllWhites Egg Whites100% liquid egg whites is a convenient, fat-free, cholesterol-free and low-calorie alternative to regular eggs. This is ideal when it comes to fueling your fitness goals and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. AllWhites® are a lean source of protein and can be used in any recipe that calls for eggs. AllWhites Egg White products are:
- 100% liquid egg whites with no yolk
- Naturally fat-free, cholesterol-free
- Located in the refrigerated dairy section
- Can be a healthy alternative to recipes that call for eggs
- A lean source of protein that’s easily kept on hand
To prove my point, I offered one to Ryder to see what he’s say. He’s as bad as Wesley when it comes to critiquing food. He took a bite as I watched and waited. He loved them! He ate the whole piece and wanted more.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup Better'n Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 ounces semi sweet baking chocolate melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semi sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8x8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well mixed.
- Stir in applesauce, Better'n Eggs, canola oil, melted baking chocolate and vanilla until well mixed; careful not to over-stir. Spread brownie mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with miniature chocolate chips.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not over bake.