Sheet Pan Chipotle Sweet Potato Hash makes a healthy and hearty breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I topped this easy sweet potato hash with southwestern chicken, avocado, lime, and chipotle cream. It’s a wholesome, balanced meal that’s also easy to make.
SHEET PAN CHIPOTLE SWEET POTATO HASH
While I kept this hash simple, you can change it up with different toppings. Additionally, you may want to add corn, black beans, rice, quinoa, or fried eggs. This recipe is truly suitable for any time of day.
Personally, I think the chipotle sauce is the star of this recipe. Actually, I enjoyed it so much that I made it to dip sweet potato fries in several times since I made this recipe. I recommend you try it for sure!
CHIPOTLE SWEET POTATO HASH INGREDIENTS
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it as well as help the planet. 😍
- Sweet potatoes
- Chicken cubed
- Avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic chopped
- Smoked paprika
- Chipotle chili powder
- Salt & pepper
- Mayonnaise I use olive oil mayonnaise
- Lime zested and juiced
- Chipotle peppers in adobe sauce from jar
- Quinoa, avocado and cilantro to serve
TIPS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- I used two different sheet pans. I put the vegetables on one and the chicken on another sheet pan. (You can use casserole dishes too.) Why? Chicken, or any protein, holds water. This water cooks out and will not allow the vegetables to become crisp if you cook them in the same pan.
- I used my favorite Cilantro Lime Rice recipe. As well, you can serve your Chipotle Sweet Potato Hash and chicken with quinoa or plain.
- For the Chipotle Sauce, you can use traditional or olive oil mayo, sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt.
- Of course, you can top sweet potato hash with your favorites. Guacamole and pico would be tasty.
- Furthermore, you can add corn, black beans, and/or a fried egg to this dish.
- You can make this recipe with white potatoes. I prefer Yukon gold because you don’t have to peel them.
CAN I MAKE THIS ON THE STOVETOP?
Yes. In fact, a hash is usually made on the stove in a skillet. I find it takes more hands-on and babysitting to cook in a skillet. I use more oil when I cook it in a skillet otherwise the potatoes stick and become a mess. Therefore, sheet pan = easier.
Looking for more whole recipes? Save this Wholesome Meal Plan to your recipe box as well as your favorites listed below.
- Easy Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Vegetable Recipes
- Festive Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- How to Fix a Dry Cake
- Baked Sausage Pepperoni Pasta Casserole
- Amazing Grilled Cheese Recipes
- Chipotle Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- Creamy Spicy Broccoli Soup
SHEET PAN CHIPOTLE SWEET POTATO HASH
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
Sweet Potato Hash
- 20 ounces sweet potatoes cubed, about 3 small potatoes
- ½ cup sweet onion chopped
- 1 pound chicken cubed
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise I use olive oil mayonnaise
- ½ medium lime zested and juiced
- ½ tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobe sauce from jar
- ½ teaspoon garlic smashed
- ½ cup, uncooked quinoa cooked, or rice
- avocado and cilantro to serve
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa or rice.
Leave a Reply