Party perfect Club Sandwich Pinwheels has layers of ham, turkey, bacon, and cheese wrapped in pizza dough. Smothered with buttery sauce and then baked until golden brown, this recipe has so much goodness with so little work!
Pin these to your favorite appetizer board.
CLUB SANDWICH PINWHEELS
This sandwich, or wrap, is great for lunch, appetizer, and gameday tailgating. It’s super simple to make and takes only about 5 minutes of prep time. In addition, you can assemble and bake them later, or you can freeze them after cooking for later.
Club Pinwheels are tasty served hot or at room temperature which makes them a great option for parties.
Unlike other club pinwheels, these aren’t made with flour tortillas. I used canned pizza dough and baked them with a butter sauce for extra flavor.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Pizza dough. Optionally, you can use crescent roll dough.
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic, minced.
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dried chives. You can use fresh chives.
- Ground black pepper
- Onion, minced. You can use dried or fresh onion.
- Turkey deli meat, sliced thin.
- Ham deli meat, sliced thin
- Bacon. Cooked, and roughly chopped.
- Cheddar cheese, grated.
CLUB PINWHEEL OPTIONS
As mentioned above you can use crescent roll dough instead of pizza dough. As well, you can add roast beef to your baked pinwheels.
Another option, you can make ham and cheese rolls. I really like these, especially with honey-baked ham.
You can sub any melty cheese for the cheddar.
The buttery sauce adds so much flavor. It’ll be your favorite part. You can add red pepper, poppy seeds, celery seed, or Italian seasoning to change it up.
Rolling is much easier if the ham and turkey are sliced thin and the cheese is grated.
While you’re here, check out some of my favorites
- Sausage Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
- Pepperoni and Salami Stromboli
- Hot Bacon Spinach Dip
- Pizza crescent rolls
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 11 ounce can refrigerated pizza crust *like this
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard like this
- 4 ounces ham thinly sliced, cooked deli ham
- 4 ounces turkey thinly sliced, cooked deli turkeys
- ½ pound bacon cooked and roughly chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded, I used this brand
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chives minced, dried or fresh
- ¼ teaspoon dried onion minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with at least 1-inch sides with foil or parchment paper.
- Unroll the dough onto a large cutting board. Press the dough into a 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Spread honey mustard evenly on the dough.
- Top with 1 cup of cheese, ham slices, turkey slices, and the other 1 cup of cheese. Leave a ½-inch border on each of the long ends.
- Starting on the long side of the rectangle, roll up tightly and pinch the seam and ends together to seal.
- With a serrated knife, slice into 12 equal pinwheels. Place the pinwheels in the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 24 to 27 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
This was a huge hit at our last play date. Made it with dairy free cheese so all our friends could eat it. The 3 year olds LOVED their special pinwheel sandwiches. I can’t wait to try some dessert and gourmet stuffing options for the adults next time! Super easy and an impressive plating!
Sparkle Cole says
My son will love these to… I can take advantage to hide some veggies in it 😉
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says
What an easy dinner idea! This would be great for a Super Bowl Party too! I'm stopping by to let you know that your project will be featured at this week's All my Bloggy Friends. I can't wait to see what you share this week, Paula. 🙂
Leslie Stewart says
My son will love these! Thanks for sharing!
Fitness Buff says
That looks so good!
Robin's Eccentrcities says
Oh I am SO hungry now! I'll be following now, stopping by from Busy Monday link up.