Pepperoni and Salami Stromboli Recipe is basically a rolled-up pizza. It’s quick and easy to make and great for fast dinners and less messy than pizza slices for parties.
PEPPERONI AND SALAMI STROMBOLI RECIPE
When school starts in the fall, I feel like everything moves into high gear. There are so many activities, clubs, games, and parties. We are literally in the car and on the go continuously. If I don’t plan ahead and plan easy meals, we end up getting fast food too often.
That’s when I grab ready-made products like refrigerated pizza dough and crescent roll dough. No kidding, you can make a million things out of them!
This Pepperoni and Salami Stromboli is great for school lunches, tailgating, dinner, or parties. It is good hot or at room temperature. My boys will even eat it for breakfast. For dinner, I grab a salad in a bag to serve alongside it, and dinner is done.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS STROMBOLI RECIPE
You just need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe. Some people call it ‘pizza’ stromboli, pizza bread, or pepperoni roll.
The full recipe with the amounts and instructions are below on the recipe card. You can create and save this recipe along with any other favorite recipes on Call Me PMc to your personal and private recipe box. Doing this will save a tree (not printing) and you’ll never replace the recipe.
- Refrigerated pizza dough. You can make the dough from scratch (try this easy recipe) or you get to purchase it. I use this brand when I buy it.
- Marinara or pizza sauce. You can use any kind of pizza or marinara sauce. I use pizza sauce because the boys don’t like chunks of tomato in it.
- Pepperoni. This bread tends to be a little oily so I use low-fat pepperoni.
- Salami. Salami really enhances the flavor more than pepperoni alone does. Any brand will work, I use this one.
- Mozzarella cheese. Get block mozzarella and shred it yourself. I recognize this is in contrast to my ‘quick’ recipe, but pre-shredded cheese is coated in corn starch and other preservatives to keep it from clumping and drying out. Shredding cheese from a block is worth it in flavor.
- Butter. The last three ingredients are optional but I love salty-topped, buttery bread.
- Garlic salt.
- Italian seasoning. I like this brand. I have almost entirely switched to organic products. You can get almost all seasonings organic now or grow them yourself.
TIPS FOR THE BEST PEPPERONI AND SALAMI STROMBOLI RECIPE
You can omit the butter, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning on top if you want.
Because pepperoni and salami are cured meats, you don’t have to cook them beforehand. Simply layer them on the dough and cook. Once the bread is nicely browned, it’s ready.
If you want you can substitute Italian sausage or pork sausage for the pepperoni or salami but you’ll need to cook it first.
I use about 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce. You can spread the sauce on the dough or you can serve the sauce on the side to dip in if you prefer.
Of course, you can add any of your favorite pizza toppings to this stromboli bread.
You can either cut the bread into slices and then cook it or you can cook it in a long roll and slice it after you bake it. I cook it in a long roll and slice afterward.
WE LOVE THESE FLAVORS, YOU WILL TOO
Because we love the flavors of pizza-pepperoni-marinara-cheese so much, I have several recipes with these flavors. You’ll enjoy them too.
- Muffin Pan Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- Pepperoni Lover’s Deep Dish Pizza
- No Knead Crazy Crust Pizza
- Peppercorn Pork Chops
- Simple Pepperoni Rolls
Last But Not Least…if you make this recipe please leave a rating and a comment if you don’t mind. I love hearing from you. And post a photo of your quiche on Instagram and tag me, @Paula_callmepmc!
PEPPERONI AND SALAMI STROMBOLI RECIPE
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough or homemade dough
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- 3 ounces pepperoni slices you can use as many or few as you want
- 2 ounces salami slices or as many as you want
- 1 and ½ cups mozzarella shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a sheet pan with non-stick spray or line with a silicon mat or foil.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle approximately 9x13 inches.
- Spread the sauce over the dough. Place the pepperoni and salami slices over the sauce. Evenly spread the cheese over the meats.
- Beginning on the long side, roll the dough into a cylinder. Pinch the edge and ends to seal.
- Melt the butter and stir in the garlic salt and Italian seasoning into the butter. Brush on the outside of the roll.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes at 375 or until the outside is golden brown.
- Allow it to cool for 5 minutes before slicing it so that all the cheese doesn't ooze out.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply