Slab Pecan Pie Bars have a buttery shortbread crust, gooey caramel, and toasted pecans. They’re the perfect sweet treat for the fall and holidays.
SLAB PECAN PIE BARS
Most everyone I know has pecan pie for Thanksgiving. However, a single 8-inch or 9-inch pie doesn’t have many servings. Plus, I just want the gooey center, and the one time I cut my piece out of the center it was frowned on.
Pecan Pie Bars have a difficulty level of intermediate to make so you don’t have to be a very experienced baker to make them. Prep time is about 30 minutes and they take approximately 85 minutes to cook.
INGREDIENTS FOR YOU SLAB PECAN PIE BARS
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it as well as help the planet.
- Brown sugar
- Butter. You can substitute melted vegetable shortening for
- Corn syrup
- Eggs + yolk
Let the pie bars cool completely before cutting. This will allow them to set properly.
If the bars are still too soft when cutting, place them in the fridge to chill for one hour. This will allows the caramel filling to set up completely. Do not attempt to continue baking at this point.
What is the texture of these Slab Pecan Pie Bars?
The crust is a crisp shortbread crust. It is layered with a gooey, sweet filling. Crunchy pecans rise to the top of the filling and become toasted while baking. It’s sweet and crunchy perfection.
You can make this recipe beforehand and store in an airtight container or baggie for up to 3 days.
More recipes you’ll enjoy
- Goo Free Pecan Pie
- Just the Goo Pecan Pie
- Pecan Pie Magic Cookie Bars
- Best Pecan Pie Cake
- Pecan Pie Muffins
- French Quarter Pecan Cheese Spread
- Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
- Mexican-style Pecan Chocolate Squares (Pecan Chocolate Squares)
- Pecan Pie Pound Cake
- Southern Pecan Pie
SLAB PECAN PIE BARS
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 9×13” baking dish with parchment paper and lightly spray with baking spray.
- In a food processor combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, and salt. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture is crumbly in texture.
- Press the crust dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Poke holes into the crust with a fork, then place into the preheated oven. Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Once baked, remove from the oven and place into a wire cooling rack to cool.
- Make the filling.
- Once the crust has been baked, place the chopped pecans on top of the crust. Pour the filling on top of the chopped pecans. Place the pie into the oven on the center rack and bake for 45 minutes, until the edges are set. The center might still be jiggy and that is ok it will firm up as it cools.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and place into a wire cooling rack to cool.
- Pie bars may be stored in an airtight container or baggie for up to 3 days