Best Pecan Pie Cake is an easy, decadent,
This cake is wonderful to serve for the holidays. However, because of its simplicity is equally great for your family at home or served at potlucks. This dessert is always, always, always the first to go at potlucks and parties.
Do you want to know how I know this cake is THE BEST Pecan Pie Cake? Because the first time I made it, I ate 1/4 of it before I could stop myself.
Best Pecan Pie Cake
Soft, buttery cake with a gooey, rich pecan topping that is just incredible.
There is really one easy step to the cake and one simple step to the sauce. It’s super easy and definitely worth making.
This cake is a little odd. It has pineapple in it, but you can’t taste the pineapple. The pineapple makes it moist. And, the other odd this is it has a milk sauce poured over the top like a Tres Leche Cake. But, it doesn’t taste like a Tres Leche Cake either. It tastes like Pecan Pie….er….Pecan Pie Cake!😀 And, it U N B E L I E V A B L Y good!!!
I love this cake when it’s still warm, but it’s also good after it sits a while! Serve it warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. So good!
While you’re here, check out these Pecan recipes
Um, apparently I like pecan pie flavored desserts!😉 Click on the title for the recipe.
- Granny’s Pecan Pie
- Pecan Pie Magic Cookie Bars
- No Goo Pecan Pie
- Just the Goo Pecan Pie
- Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
- Glazed Quick Pecan Pie Crescent Roll Coffee Cake
- Pecan Cobbler
- Pumpkin Pecan Pie Muffins
- Pecan Pie Caramel Sauce
Best Pecan Pie Cake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 and ½ cup sugar
- 2 cup all-purpose flour I use this
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 20 -ounces crushed pineapple UNDRAINED
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 5 -ounces evaporated milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter I like this brand
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract I like this brand
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine the light brown sugar and the chopped nuts. Sprinkle over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until cake tests done. To test doneness insert a wooden pick into the center of the cake. The cake is done when there are no crumbs or dry crumbs when you remove the pick. Remove cake from oven and pour topping over hot cake.
- In a small saucepan combine the butter, evaporated milk, remaining ½ cup granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over hot cake and allow to soak into cake.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Great served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container. Cake will store for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.