I have a new favorite recipe and it’s this Sweet Potato Sour Cream Cornbread Recipe. The sweet potatos adds just enough unique flavor with pumpkin pie spice bringing a little kick to make this cornbread outstanding.
Sour cream and mashed sweet potatoes keep this Sweet Potato Sour Cream Cornbread Recipe nice and moist on the inside while still being crusty on the outside.
I’ll be honest, I eat cornbread with butter by itself as my meal. I can definitely make a meal on this cornbread. One of the things blogging has done for me is to expand my creativity in the kitchen. I would have never wanted to alter my favorite cornbread recipe prior to blogging. I want to keep bringing you fun and interesting recipes so I have learned to embrace culinary change. This recipe is one change I’m happy about!!
Sweet Potato Sour Cream Cornbread Recipe Tips
- I microwaved my sweet potatoes, but if you prefer you can boil them. I also mashed them into a smooth consistency. I had a few unintentional lumps, but actually I liked that texture in the cornbread. I may leave it more lumpy next time.
- One very important tip, this method will give you that crusty exterior on your cornbread. Heat your oven. Add 2 to 3 tablespoon vegetable oil to your skillet (I always make cornbread in a cast-iron skillet.) and place the skillet in the oven while it’s pre-heating. Adding your batter to the hot skillet will give you that crispy crust that’s so desirable on cornbread.
- Just like baking cakes, sit your sour cream and eggs on the counter and allow them to come to room temperature before baking. Your cornbread will be fluffier.
Sweet Potato Sour Cream Cornbread Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat ove to 425 degrees F.
- Add 2 tablespoon vegetable oil to 10 inch cast iron skillet and heat skillet in oven while oven is preheating.
- Whisk the eggs, mashed sweet potatoes, sour cream and butter.
- Add the cornmeal mixture to the egg mixture and stir until just blended.
- Pour into hot skillet and spread evenly.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and crusty.
- Serve hot.
If you like this recipe, you may also like
My recipe collections at communitytable.com