Spicy. Hearty. Simple. That’s how I describe this Buttermilk Sausage Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread. You won’t believe how heavenly this sausage-filled cornbread is. You’ll experience love at first bite!
Are you ready to take your cornbread game to the next level? If so, then we have the recipe for you! This delicious Sausage Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread recipe not only packs a flavorful punch with its zesty combination of fresh jalapeno peppers, savory sausage, and sharp cheddar cheese – but it’s also surprisingly simple to make. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or weekend brunch, this easy-to-follow recipe comes together in just 45 minutes, using just a few everyday ingredients. So if you’re looking to take your cornbread from boring to bold, this is the recipe for you!
Sausage Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread
Move over plain Buttermilk Cornbread there’s a new Super Cornbread in town!
And cheesy…in a good way.
It’s….wait for it……..it has sausage and jalapenos in it!
Sometimes, I just call it Super Cornbread because, well, it is.
What you’ll need
- Baking soda
This cornbread is bursting with flavor. I like to serve it with a simple side salad. That’s it, that’s your complete meal. Easy peasy, simple and faster than driving for take-out!
More recipes you’ll enjoy
- Sausage and Potato Hash
- Chile Cheese Appetizer Five Ways
- Grilled Pork Chops Three Ways
- Sweet Heat Chicken
In conclusion, corn bread is a versatile staple that has earned its place in soul food, comfort food, and daily meals all over the world. From sweet to savory, Grandma’s recipes to the latest food trends, corn bread deserves our attention for its flavor and adaptability. After all, it’s not just a side dish, it’s a canvas of possibilities!
Corn bread is an easy-to-make and delicious side dish that complements many meals.
Buttermilk Sausage Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 pound pork sausage I like hot
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup onion diced
- ⅓ cup jalapeno peppers fresh, minced
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup corn cream style
- 1 cup plain cornmeal
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Brown sausage with onions and jalapenos. Remove from skillet and drain most of the fat out of the skillet.
- Place skillet in oven to preheat. I use a 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- In a bowl, mix buttermilk, corn, corn meal, eggs, oil, salt, soda and sausage mixture. Mix in half of the cheese.
- Pour into hot skillet, top with remaining cheese. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove to oven and allow to cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting to keep it from falling apart.