Bacon Ranch Twice Baked Potato Salad Recipe is a creamy and delicious potato salad with twice baked potato flavors of bacon, ranch, cheddar, and green onions. This is a crowd-pleasing, potluck favorite!
Picnics, game day, and potlucks are all prime times for potato salads. There are as many potato salad recipes as there are sporting events in which to enjoy them. I’m not a ‘traditional’ potato salad lover, but I do enjoy a good German potato salad and this Bacon Ranch Twice Baked Potato Salad Recipe.
The creamy component of this salad is a combination of Greek yogurt and mayonnaise with ranch dressing seasoning mixed in for flavor. I pretty much love ranch dressing in any food. As well, this potato salad is loaded with cheddar cheese and bacon. After all, everyone loves cheese and bacon, right?
I piled the ‘good stuff’ on top for these photos. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be able to tell what’s in the salad. It makes a great presentation to do this when serving. However, there is one caveat, you may have someone like my husband who gets a lot of toppings and a small amount of the potatoes. Not good. I recommend giving it a good stir before serving!
- 2 pounds red potatoes or Yukon gold, quartered
- ½ cup fat-free greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1-ounce) package Ranch seasoning mix
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- Scrub and peel potatoes if preferred. When using Yukon gold I do not peel them.
- Cut potato into quarters.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water.
- Boil 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain well and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, Ranch seasoning mix, salt, and pepper.
- Add potatoes, cheddar cheese, and green onions and stir well.
- Sprinkle bacon on top.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
Bacon Ranch Twice Baked Potato Salad Recipe
Potato salad is a Southern staple much like pimento cheese and fried chicken is. My Bacon Ranch Twice Baked Potato Salad Recipe is a new take on potato salad. It’s a cross between Twice Baked Potatoes and potato salad. Loaded with ranch seasoning, cheese, and bacon this is always a crowd-pleaser!
If you like Bacon Ranch Twice Baked Potato Salad Recipe, you may also want to try